grue

Miami Vice

Am I the only one excited for this film?

I know it won't be loyal to the TV show, but shit, with Michael Mann at the helm, it's gotta be good! I heard, and this is only rumour, that there's a gunfight to rival the one in "Heat" :o

I've become so numb, I can't feel you there...become so tired so much more aware....:)
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

I've never seen the show but anything by Michael Mann has me excited. The fact that the trailer actually makes me feel into a Linkin Park song says a lot...

Anything by Michael Mann has you excited. And you have never seen the show?

Not that excited then. :D
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Huge fan on Miami Vice. Was on my TV every Friday night. Not looking forward to this movie.. just doesn't interest me for some reason. Seen the adds on TV and it's just another "mafia shootumup" with really dark scenes and useless gun battles. :|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Well a Wikipedia search just showed that it aired from 1984-1989... so I was 3-8 years old. :D Add to that, I don't watch much TV in general.

I was the same age but it was replayed over and over and over. Plus its some of Don Johnsons Best work, I can't wait for this movie, its going to be great but they better have the theme song in it...That and the boat, if they make a video game, its a safe bet i will buy that too. I love me some Miami Vice!
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

When I was a littleun' my Friday night treat was being allowed to stay up late enough to watch Miami Vice. Of course, I never made it the whole way through, I was always tuckered out by the last fifteen minutes of the show or so.

It's so corny, it's so fake, but still it's soooooo good.

Points to anyone who has the Miami Vice soundtrack. EXTRA points to anyone who has it on cassette.

Elvisio "Castillo was a badass too" Rodriguez

but maybe it'll be better as a remake, minus the pastels and loafers, minus socks..

Don't make me wash your mouth out with soap... the fashion was the best part of the whole show!

Don't deny it...

Elvisio "loafers without socks rocked" Rodriguez

I totally agree the fashion made the whole frickin show. That and the things they had. theyr were working stiffs that pushed a ferarri and a speed boat and lived in a sail boat with an aligator! Its amazing!

Apparently it's miserable to drive, though.

Yeah..........it's not good for much except going really fast and impressing chicks. :D Otherwise the interior was really plain with a NOISY and ROUGH ride. It WILL do 180 MPH though. B|

I've been a passenger in one, but apparently the actual driving bit is even worse. Bastard of a clutch, steering rack, etc.

I would, however, kill every one of you for a Murcielago Roadster.
cavete terrae.

I would kill for a Ferrari F430.I think that Ferarri's look better than Lambo's, But the older lambo's are classic. I like the old Ferarri Convertable that was insanely wide (F355). Its soooo sexy. I saw the F430 and almost had a wreck, of course i also find the Aston Martin Vanquish and the Bently Continental GT ALOT.

I would kill for a Ferrari F430.I think that Ferarri's look better than Lambo's, But the older lambo's are classic. I like the old Ferarri Convertable that was insanely wide (F355). Its soooo sexy. I saw the F430 and almost had a wreck, of course i also find the Aston Martin Vanquish and the Bently Continental GT ALOT.

the Ferraris are arguably better looking, but they're not nearly as "real-world". I mean, a modern Lamborghini isn't exactly a Subaru in terms of reliability and practicality, but it'll at least run for more than 500 miles at a time :D
cavete terrae.

Am I the only one excited for this film?

I know it won't be loyal to the TV show, but shit, with Michael Mann at the helm, it's gotta be good! I heard, and this is only rumour, that there's a gunfight to rival the one in "Heat" :o
/reply]

His films are so stylish and so beautifully rendered, and they never are lacking for story, etc. So, yeah, I am always looking forward to his movies. That said, MV was so tone and time specific, I wonder if it is gonna WORK, ya know?

As far as they gunfight in HEAT, uh, no. So much of that was stripping away the veneer of the typical gunfight....MV looks like all VENEER.

All that said, Gong Li is in it, cool, or what?

Sorry it took so long to get to this,. I have been swamped with work, I haven't been on here for about 20 pages of new bonfire posts. :o

the Ferraris are arguably better looking, but they're not nearly as "real-world". I mean, a modern Lamborghini isn't exactly a Subaru in terms of reliability and practicality, but it'll at least run for more than 500 miles at a time :D

Its my hope that at somepoint or maybe not when I am able to afford a Ferrari I am not going to be worried about it's reliability. I will have a much more reliable car for that, like say a Porsche ;)