freefalle

Z-hills

So, my girlfriend and I were on our way back from Tampa and decided to stop at Z-hills to make a much needed jump. I was amazed how nice it is and how pleasant the staff was. It was obviously a busy time for them with everyone there for vacation and such. Even though they were busy the manifest staff went out of there way to get me waviered, get my gear checked and get me ready to jump. Manifest was quick and efficient, two planes were running back to back, short waits for loads. TK was running manifest, I believe. I was truly impressed with the way the DZ was being operated and with the facilities available. My girlfriend went in to ask some questions about their AFF program, even though they were busy, they took the time to answer all of her questions, and they were nice about it.

I met a few new people there, and made one great skydive before we had to head home. It was a good time, we will certainly be back.

I agree! Me & the wife made the 6 hour drive last year for New Years. Had a whole 36 jumps at the time.
Had a blast & loved the DZ !!!

Headed out early am to do it again this year!

What a place to ring in the NEW YEAR !!!! YEE HAA!!! :S
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

I arrived at Z hills a few days ago after not being here for nearly a year. One of the first things said to me was, "Welcome home". Everybody still remembered my name. For a large dz it has a very personal small-dz feel. I love it. :)
(Typing this from City Hall)

So, my girlfriend and I were on our way back from Tampa and decided to stop at Z-hills to make a much needed jump. I was amazed how nice it is and how pleasant the staff was. It was obviously a busy time for them with everyone there for vacation and such. Even though they were busy the manifest staff went out of there way to get me waviered, get my gear checked and get me ready to jump. Manifest was quick and efficient, two planes were running back to back, short waits for loads. TK was running manifest, I believe. I was truly impressed with the way the DZ was being operated and with the facilities available. My girlfriend went in to ask some questions about their AFF program, even though they were busy, they took the time to answer all of her questions, and they were nice about it.

I met a few new people there, and made one great skydive before we had to head home. It was a good time, we will certainly be back.

Plus, you took a KICK-ASS PHOTO. It's that one I'm looking at over and over when I think about how much work I need to get to "adaquate" in my RW skills. Because in that 1/125th of a second, I looked like I knew what I was doing!! :)

I just want you all to know that you suck :P

I am sitting here in Tampa and I haven't had a single hour, let alone day, to come and jump. And now, all I hear is how great you are. Geeze. I think I need to either come visit my family more often so I can get some time at the DZ, or just come and not tell any of them I'm here so I can jump at will. :ph34r::ph34r:
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

Yeppers Z-Hills is Tons of Fun! :)
That will definitely always be my Home DZ! I enjoy the other places I goto but Z-Hills is like the smaler DZ's as far as personality.

I wish I could ring in the New Year there but Alas I am sitting in the middle of the "Dry Beach!"

I also wanted to take a moment and thank "The Don" for coming up and introducing yourself last year. I was busy trying to ensure all the equipment from the non-night jump got back. I still owe you a beer Big Guy! :)
Glad to hear you and your woman had a good experience! Have A Safe trip to wherever Home is! :)

Laters,

K-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

Chuck - sorry I missed ya brother!

Let me just say that you dz.comers need to point yourselves out by the campfire as there are TONS of us here. Everyone in the Bomb Squad (located in the left corner on the deck) is pretty much a poster and CHuck and I are here full time now as well. The Roaming DZ crew showed up last night so this weekend should be a doozie!:o

Posting from the :ph34r: mansion!B|

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

You mean Karl "Stinky" Stenger? He's way more of a wingsuiter than a freeflyer.

We just had out first "fire" incident. Drunk NAKED guy warming himself up around the fire after skinny dipping in the swoop pond fell backwards into the fire. Not hospital-bound, but ugly nontheless.

Fire kills, people. Don't fuck around near fire.

Chuck

If it makes you feel any better, I lost my freefly buddy to wingsuits there this week :(

You guys are funny... this thread is starting to sound morbid!:P It's all goodie in the hoodie, freeflying, wingsuiting, even making a belly buster! Do it all and there will never be any losses!:D;)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here