1 1
vid666

Javelin TJN - PDR 143 - whatcha think

Buy a container which can hold your main and reserve sizes comfortable. Stuffing a way too big reserve into a too small rig is not safe, it may very well hesitate when coming out. Also it is very uncomfortable on your back. I very much doubt you'd get a rigger to pack a PD143 into a TJN anyway so the discussion is moot.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Buy a container which can hold your main and reserve sizes comfortable. Stuffing a way too big reserve into a too small rig is not safe, it may very well hesitate when coming out. Also it is very uncomfortable on your back. I very much doubt you'd get a rigger to pack a PD143 into a TJN anyway so the discussion is moot.

Since you have never done this, your reply is useless to me. All the points that you make I already know. If you notice this forum is full of know-it-alls (both for real, and some who are just on a power trip). I know it's unsafe. I know it should not work. Yet please re-read my questions. Nowhere did I say that I am GOING to do it.

Get off the high horse damnit !

P.S. To illustrate my point - My container has the largest manufacturer approved reserve in it, yet you still advise me on something I did not ask for advice on.

Since you have never done this, your reply is useless to me. All the points that you make I already know. If you notice this forum is full of know-it-alls (both for real, and some who are just on a power trip). I know it's unsafe. I know it should not work. Yet please re-read my questions. Nowhere did I say that I am GOING to do it.

Get off the high horse damnit !

P.S. To illustrate my point - My container has the largest manufacturer approved reserve in it, yet you still advise me on something I did not ask for advice on.

I have had 2 containers with too big reserves, just not your specific combo. Hopefully no-one has your specific combo.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

:)
The TJN is not for the PR143 but for PR126, It is an unsafe combination with the PR143.

I heard about riggers packing TEMPO 150 into a TJN
& I disagree with that as well.

The final answer is NO & Sun Path will advise the same. For the PR143 & 135 main you have the OJ h/c & for PR143 & 150 main you have the J1 h/c.

I hope this helps.

Be Safe !!!

:)
The TJN is not for the PR143 but for PR126, It is an unsafe combination with the PR143.

I heard about riggers packing TEMPO 150 into a TJN
& I disagree with that as well.

The final answer is NO & Sun Path will advise the same. For the PR143 & 135 main you have the OJ h/c & for PR143 & 150 main you have the J1 h/c.

I hope this helps.

Be Safe !!!

Guys/Gals.

I appreciate your responses. I did not nor do I have any desire to try this. However I was just wondering IF ANYBODY HAS TRIED TO DO SO !

It was a veryy simple queston. So again, much respect to all Rigger Examiners, Master Riggers, and even Senior Riggers (j/k) - I consider this topic closed.

I have TJNK with 143 (don't know if there is any noticable difference between TJNK and 'pre-K-series' TJN)

this is how I wanted it to be - javelins are generally loose, at least in wet climate - AZ might be different story
I have consulted sunpath and my rigger before
sunpath says a very experiences rigger can manage
my rigger is very experienced and did not have any problems

btw - I had one reserve ride on this rig