wildfan75

Don't Ever Buy a Dell

I'm writing this heated, so I'll probably not be the eloquent in my writing...
BUT DON'T EVER BUY A DELL!!!! Their customer service sucks more than all the Hoover vacuums in the world AND me when I'm drunk!!

Here's my experience:
12/20/06 Call Dell to order my computer. Spent 25 minutes giving them all the information. I was told to hold for my order number. I hung up after holding for an additional 25 minutes.
12/20/06 Called back, said I was holding for my order number, and low and behold...nothing's in the system. Start order process over again, and the CSR tries to up sell me...again. Been through jack ass! So in still insisting on trying to up sell me, I ask to speak to a supervisor. After asking about four or five times, I'm finally transfered.
12/20/06 Supervisor takes my info and places my order and has my order number to me within 5 minutes. Not sure why the other jack asses that I talked to couldn't do that. I'm given an "estimated ship date" of 12/27/06.
12/27/06--Estimated ship date changes to 1/4/07.
1/3/07--Call to find out if my computer is actually going to ship on 1/4/07. The CSR couldn't tell me anything that I already could find out on the order status portion of their website. Total waste of time.
1/4/07--Check order status on website. The new "estimated ship date is now 1/11/07. I call and talk to a CSR ask what the problem is and try to inquire if it's actually going to ship on that date or is it going to be an issue again. She was absolutely no help. I asked if they could ship me a computer to use until mine ships. She said they can not do that. I asked to speak to a supervisor...about six times...and was told no. On the final time that I asked, she said one was not available but she could take a message and have one call me back within 36 hours. I hung up, and proceeded to write an email to Dell explaining all this and asking them to give me a reason to be a Dell customer, because all they've done is give me reasons not to be.

Holy fucking shit...Dell literally has no customer service. I know I can easily cancel the order, but it's a really good deal with good financing, but I'm about to the end of my rope. My computer at home is fried and I really need to get something.

So I'm letting everyone know....don't ever by a Dell. They don't want your business and they will treat you like crap.

All I want is my fucking computer (or a computer to use until mine comes)! Not really all that hard Dell!

So, don't ever by a Dell!!!!

I'm done know...I'm going for a smoke!

Should have posted on DZ.com first about buying a Dell, could have saved yourself from all this headache and your money from being wasted. There are reasons why Dells are so cheap and it doesn't only have to do with there poor customer service. I would cancel your order and spend the extra cash for a better quality machine.

I'm sorry you had that experience. My experience with Dell was wonderful, but let's not fret over the small stuff.

The real question is...where do you go to get drunk?
:)

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

me and a friend ordered a dell while we were in iraq and didnt have one problem, it actually got there pretty quickly, i'd be pissed too if the reps were of no help but reps are just there to sell computers.
just have some patience, it will get to you, a few shipping problems shouldnt be the measure of why i shouldnt buy a dell. tell me it explodes when i touch it and i might not buy one, but i like things that explode.
Fly it like you stole it

I've got 3 Dell laptops and 3 Dell desktops. I haven't had any problems that were due to hardware. (Can't say the same about software).

My GF's daughter spilled coffee in her laptop's keyboard and it hasn't been quite the same since, but I don't think that was Dell's fault.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

My Dell laptop rocks the hizzouse.;)

I had a small problem with the onboard sound. I used their online webchat support and 5 mins later I had a service confirmation # and the guy was out the next day to replace the board.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

swo what desktop should one buy? I am in the market right now only need one for the internet and maybe editing videos thats it don't need on with everything on it. Just something fast and pretty standard would do want to pay around 6-7oo
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

swo what desktop should one buy? I am in the market right now only need one for the internet and maybe editing videos thats it don't need on with everything on it. Just something fast and pretty standard would do want to pay around 6-7oo

Do you need a monitor with it too or just a tower? Take a look at www.lenovo.com I was able to put together a tower with an AMD X2 processor, 1.5 PC-4200 DDR2 memory, 250gb drive, dvd/cd burner for around $780 (without the monitor). Or you could save a bunch of money and build it yourself. It's not very hard.

Skinny.. I will try to remember to bring you a new Desktop this weekend. Have 4 sitting the floor of my Basement right now that I really need to get rid of.

As for Dell, Never had any problems. I buy all my small business computers from them (Usually at least 1 or 2 new Servers, 6 to 10 new Workstations and 3 to 5 new Laptops a year) They almost always get delivered a couple days before the date they tell me at the time I place the order.

no dont want to build one i also need a flat screen... The one i have now shakes like a shitting horse

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

If they sucked so bad,how didthey get to be so big and successful? Every company out there is capable of having a lemon product and a lemon customer service event. Chaulk it up to a bad run,and start over. It sucks but so do a lot of things in life,its only a temp thingy....:S
smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

they are probably good desktops arent they knowing you. Awesome, only thing is the weather may be a factor this week-end we will see..Off to deland if no joy up there

If they sucked so bad,how didthey get to be so big and successful? Every company out there is capable of having a lemon product and a lemon customer service event. Chaulk it up to a bad run,and start over. It sucks but so do a lot of things in life,its only a temp thingy....:S

But it's not just one single lemon customer service event. It has been four phone conversations and one web chat of nothing but horrible customer service. I literally get the impression that they just don't give a fuck. If someone tells me that they want to cancel their order, by gawd damn, I'm going to do everything in my power to try and keep that and all future orders and business. They literally don't care. When I asked how to cancel my order, their response was "I can do that for you". Apparently cancelling my order is about the only thing they are capable of.>:(

And I get drunk wherever there is alcohol!! I'm easy like that;)

You should check out this site. This is where you can purchase Dell laptops for a greatly reduced price. There are three different catagories, refurb, damaged, and canceled orders. You can go through and find a laptop that was already built for someone else that cancelled their order, and then get it for several hundred dollars cheaper than an order unit.

http://www.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/notebooks?c=us&cs=28&l=en&s=dfb

I bought an Inspiron 710m from the site, as a refurb unit, and I have had zero problems. I got it for almost 500 less than retail on an order unit.
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.