Unstable

Rig Financing - Revisited

I know this question has been brought up on a number of occasions - but now that some time has passed, I want to revisit it.

It doesn't seem to make sense that none of the gear dealers out there offer financing on gear purchases through a partner company, like cap one per say. I think I heard a rumor that Sunshine factory was looking into it a few years back - but nothing materialized.
I don't think that you could buy very much these days upwards to $2,000 WITHOUT financing options - and with many large gear dealers and manufacturers, it would seem entirely possible - plus it would allow jumpers to buy safer, more modern gear the same way they would buy, for example, a new MacBook. Is there some reason that this is not an option for skydivers at this time?
=========Shaun ==========

If I had the capital, I would love to be the bank.

But most banks don't trust/understand the skydiving industry. It's high risk for the banks. The interest rates would not be attractive. Unlike a car or bike, it's pretty hard to track down a rig (for a bank), should one take a hike and bail on the payments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

It's an unnecesary burden to the manufacturer when VISA, Master Card, American Express, Discover, and Diner's Club already offer solutions. You could probably get a better interest rate talking to your bank than any manufacturer financing would be. Bank's also offer lines of credit which you can use to purchase gear. Why re-invent the wheel?

All you've got to do is check your mail, you'll be getting a pre-approved credit card sometime this week. Look for the envelopes with the return address in willmington, DE.
B|

I know of a DZ that does have a deal with a finance company and the sales person does all the legwork to get the financing worked out.

If you are interested, PM me...

However, the interest rates are similar to credit cards, with similar terms - so I still think a lot of people just use credit cards....

Buy with a credit card then transfer the balance to another card that gives you an introductory rate of like 0-3%. I had one that gave me 0% until the purchase was paid off, oh yeah and cut up the new card once you get it, that way you do not put more items on it.
So long and thanks for all the fish!!!

That is true. When I bought my Wings, I didi have a 30% off coupon. Total with articulated and delux stainless was $1450. I did what was mentioned above. I charged it then transfered it to a differnet CC that offered a 0% APR for the life of the transfer. That was a much better idea the mirages financing.
-Fish

Blue skies, Soft landings