Scoop

MMA, UFC, grappling, Ju Jitsu etc

Am I the only one who finds these disciplines really fucking boring? :| You get the odd chestnut of a move then they are all on the floor flapping around. To me, that isn't what fighting is about regardless of the realities of fighting and effectiveness of techinques. Sports fighting should be impressive.

I'd rather watch two people square up to each other and exchange techniques than roll round on the floor using locks and restraints [:/]

I just don't understand the huge following it has. Even the ultimate fighting championship (which sounds mighty impressive) is full of this crap >:(

If you don't like the UFC style of fighting and want to watch fast and hard martial arts fighting that stays upright, watch olympic style TKD fights. Its fast, its hard and its really quite impressive.

UFC has gone the way of grappling because its worked. In all the real fights I've seen on the street, there's a bit of wrestling, but that's by people who don't really know how to fight. The ones that involve "fighters" tend to be a few hard and fast strikes against their opponent who's trying to get inside. The opponent never makes it inside.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Do you prefer those techniques the coppers throw when it takes three of them to get you on the ground:P

UFC is excellent when the right two fighters square off against each other.

BTW, the UFC has more technique than many other disciplines

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Jhoon Rhee say TKD is for pussies.

Someone will say that about any martial arts style. Doesn't matter, doesn't make that style invalid.

I train with a 8th dan. I've been in TKD for about 14 years now and to be honest with you, I would regret the day if he had some reason to fight me at 100% speed and power.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I agree wholeheartedly. However there have been some impressive fights between two jujitsu fighters when they constantly trade submission attempts back and forth. That's fun to watch. The "ground and pounders" are truly boring to watch.

The stand up fighters can be boring as well. Especially when all they do is step back to dodge strikes rather than step in, block, and counter like Liddell and Couture.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

The best UFC fights were in the first few years that the event was being held. That was back when they would pit two fighters with different skills against each other. One of the best fights was between a sumo vs. a little guy. The little guy pounded the sumo into submission.....
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

Jui Jitsu / Ju Jitsu has some amazing techniques for takedowns etc, really impressive and effective and thats the trouble. Once you got someone down if you know your skills you can dominate a stand up fighter. Its no fun to watch yet its all the fighting that seems to be covered on cable TV :(

If you don't like the UFC style of fighting and want to watch fast and hard martial arts fighting that stays upright, watch olympic style TKD fights. Its fast, its hard and its really quite impressive.

UFC has gone the way of grappling because its worked. In all the real fights I've seen on the street, there's a bit of wrestling, but that's by people who don't really know how to fight. The ones that involve "fighters" tend to be a few hard and fast strikes against their opponent who's trying to get inside. The opponent never makes it inside.

yeah dave but thats based on a point. if you want some proper sparring goto the local kempo/kick boxing place. Some will let you spar and kick the shit out of people. It's great:D:D And id on' mean the cardio shit goto the proper one. Thinking of starting back but it will get in the way of my skydiving:S
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?