"High Speed Dirt" by Megadeth
"Jump" by Van Halen
The Top Gun theme
...and even though it's not DIRECTLY skydiving related -
"Blue Skies" by Willie Nelson.
pull and flare,
lisa
Edited by skybytch on 2/28/01 10:38 PM.

I had the videagrapher put Machine head by Bush on during the freefall and then World I Know by Collective soul on while he was undercanopy til he and I landed (T1). The guys name was Matt Wimmer and between the timeing and music it was a kick ass video!! I think the coolest part was when Mach head started with "breath in breath out breath in breath out" it was right when I was climling out the door saucer eyed saying OOOHHHH SH@#!##$@T!!!!!
Jason

Lazerq3, I had a similar experience with one of my videos. I put a techno remix of Carl Orff's Carmena Burena to my Flight of the Great Pumpkin jump and stuff just happened to line up. It was cool, like when I left the plane the music matched it and...well, crap, I can't explain it. If you're curious click here for the video: http://c-2.tamu.edu/FOTGP.mpg :)AggieDave '02
-------------
Blue Skies and Gig'em Ags!
BTHO t.u.

I kind of like 'Higher' by Creed. It seems to describe being up in the clouds flying around pretty well. There's also some country song they played at our DZ one day about jumping out of Uncle Earl's Plane or something like that. It wasn't much of a song, but it was funny as hell. Pretty much the whuffo's version of what a skydive would be like. :P

I think just about any songs work well for skydiving. The club (for lack of better term) that I jump with has put together quite a few videos and have "sampled" all kinds of music. Everything from COC, or SOD, or Suicidal Tendencies, all the way to some freaky "techno" stuff. Its all good, and you can usually get pretty lucky with what we like to call "serindipity" where the song and the exact moment on the video just match perfectly.
Personally, any song I hear, I can usually relate some part of it to an experience I have had while skydiving or hanging out at the DZ. But I think my favorite would have to be Flying High Again form Ozzy, that works pretty good!
Blue ones!!

On my AFF videos they just put in some lame canned rock gibberish that you can buy from some studio in CA in 30 or 60 -second cuts, for use in commercials, etc. No specific rock song was played.
But if I had my choice, I would pick Pink Floyd's "One of These Days" from the Meddle album
-SpeedRacer