jkm2500

How do you deal with insomnia?

blamed nathan ... asked sdslider nathaen makens peop[le do the makarean

Cool, my favorite show is coming on... (grabs popcorn) ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Yup, that will work...

Put me out, wish I had some...

Doesn't always work for me...I can get so stressed I override it...and the other RX I have.

Josh, PM sent...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

As long as I have a reasonable amount of time before I have to get up (7+ hours, and in no case <6), I take 5-10 mg of Ambien. It's not always enough to make my brain quit racing, but it usually works. If I've taken it and can't fall asleep or back to sleep, I just try to make the time in bed as restful as possible (thus the reason for making my bed as comfortable as possible).

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

A kinship at last

For around 10 years I started my evenings off with a bottle of vodka and went on from there.

Some call it sleeping.

B|
it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

I should have been asleep hours ago considering the fact that I didnt go to sleep until 5AM. This is the 5th night in a row that I get to deal with insomnia. I want to sleep but can't.

Read, drink tea, eat, be merry, count backwards, work out, take a hot bath.......

are things are your mind that is bothering you? Or are you working funky hours?

Try non-pharmaceutical options before trying meds...if the non-pharmaceutical stuff doesn't work there is a bunch of meds available from your doc -
halcion, sonata, ambien, ambien cr, trazadone - it is an endless list; but some can be addictive and if you take them too much you can get a rebound insomnia.:(
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Drink, it's drink, Vodka, beer, whatever, stuff we all do every day.

Drink = sleep of a kind. worked for me for 20 odd years. But hey, don't do meds, they will get you hooked. B|
it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.