matthewcline

Thought Y'all would want to know

Since the 101st has returned from iraq we have been rebuilding it's Parachute Demo Team. In the process we have called around to various Clothing, Foot Wear and Skydiving Equipment providers.

Recently when we looked in to shoes (so the team would be in uniform with each other) we got a pleasant surprise from Emerica Skate. Emerica Skate asked what style, color and size we where looking into and when we answered, UPS'd em to us. They wont accept payment from us and stated they just wanted to say "Thank You".

Adams USA (maker of the Neumann Tacified Gloves we all like so much) has done the same thing. They have sent Gloves, Adams Armor (Same as Under Armor) and again won't accept payment.

I just though it was nice of them and that you all may feel the same way.

I like the shoes over the other brands of skate shoes I have worn and the gloves I feel are the best all around for our use.

I know that when it is time for me to buy shoes or gloves again I will be going to Adams USA and Emerica Skate.

:)Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I think that's excellent!! Definately a company to support. Does Emerica Skate have a web-site you'd post? Otherwise I know google works well too.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

I still need to work out the clicky thing, never tried.

Then we could link adamsusa.com too.

The gloves, we all know, work pretty damn good for our application.

The shoes, I have found, are tough and look good. They do just as we want in the canopy piloting arena and as far as looking, "uniform", we all are.

I like the swede type shoes more as we can buff out a scuff easier than the polished leather versions of shoes.

I think I am going to look in to a pair of the high top versions they have for our new folks. Maybe they will do all the low tops do AND have ankle support for those "oh shit" moments.

Matt

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this.

In the certifiably-disappointing world of "customer service" today, it's refreshing to hear that companies are still doing things like that. Glad you took the time to tell us about it - I'll definitely be checking both of 'em out.

(I've been needing a new set of gloves, anyway...)
Signatures are the new black.

Additionally I like the elastic in the shoes that holds the tongue snug to your foot (not something I remember my skate shoes having in the past, but I have not done a serious stint in 18+ years). I know it is a buy product of the "cool Kid" look of not tying the shoes on snug with the laces. This elastic, to me, seams to support the foot better.

And before any one chimes in that I shouldn't be wearing skater shoes to jump in: I stopped skating when the skills of the other kids out performed me. Plus the bumps and bruises didn't go away as fast. I did start in some of the same pools and skate board parks in Cali as a famous Pro Skater did, it is not just our birth date that we share, and I grew up on the SF Peninsula. I choose to use the shoes for their alternate purpose now.

Matt