matt3sa

Experiences with buildarig.com?

Anyone dealt with this company? I found a few intriuging ads, but something happened today that concerned me. I wrote for info on a Javelin complete rig and the response from the poster was "I'll tell you up front, I don't deal well with yankees". I replied "excuse me?". His following reply was "shouldn't you be out killing lobsters?". Thought that was rude.

Money talks, take you business elsewhere when you get poor customer service. You can "build a rig" at any Gear Store, it doesn't just have to be a place with a catchy name.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Anyone dealt with this company? I found a few intriuging ads, but something happened today that concerned me. I wrote for info on a Javelin complete rig and the response from the poster was "I'll tell you up front, I don't deal well with yankees". I replied "excuse me?". His following reply was "shouldn't you be out killing lobsters?". Thought that was rude.

Making it clear in an instant that the issue is clearly his. What an [edited].

i find it extremely difficult to accept your post as the honest truth. no retailer in their right mind would say that to a customer, no matter how much of a moron you are. on the other hand, nothing out of the states amazes me anymore so why should this.

Richard (the owner) is an interesting guy. I can tell you he meant tno offence by what he said, he is great. Hw wouldn't stop bugging me about saying 'eh. Fair prices, amazing customer service, wouldn't hesitate for a second to reccomend him. I made a thread on here before I bought from him too, it's called buildarig.com? and it's in here somewhere...

Sean LR
God made firefighters so paramedics would have heroes...and someone can put out the trailer fires.

I would also vouch for Richard at buildarig. I was surprised last summer when I called to purchase a canopy that I found on their website. I got the same "dealing with yankees" crap. The whole exchange was odd. I still ended up buying the canopy from him. He shipped the canopy overnight before even receiving payment. He gave me a bank account number to deposit a check into. Not the way a typical company does business but I got a great canopy at a great price the day after I ordered it. I would definitely do business with the again.

Matt,

I just bought a Safire 169 from Richard, I love the canopy! I ordered it on Saturday and had it on Monday!!! He took the time to ship is USPS instead of using UPS because I needed it fast in order to make it to a boogie. I told him to send me some buisness cards because I was so thrilled with his service. I HIGHLY recomend BuildaRig.com. I would suggest calling the number on the website, Richard (the owner) gets tons of emails.

Cody

Hey I just wanted to say that I bought a helmet from Richard today. He is great guy to deal with, and he has tons (!) of nice stuff to sell.

He stated that he got into selling stuff trying to help out the newly graduated aff person looking for used gear. I believe him too.
If you need something equipment related, he probably has it. Everything I saw was nicely labeled and in great shape.

I'd definitely buy from him again. :)
Doug.
I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill