skydiverbrian

Rainbow Boogie

If you weren't there, you suck! But you can redeem yourself next year!

Yes I do, and very well I'm told :) And yes I will :)
I really wish I could have made it :( Next year though, next year B|
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

something like "Fratelli"

That's how I remember it, too. The waitresses were really cool and never seemed to mind that 20 or more of us walked in at one time. Our last night there, we were 42ppl!

They must have sensed we were skydivers because they gave us the back room to ourselves. Best to keep us away from the regulars.

They serve escargot as a side dish with most of their meals. I tried it for the first time and it was much better than I expected.

Here's another boogie pic...

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal

Here's a photo of the group that did the 14-way attempt. Group sitting in front of the 8 foot Rainbow Boogie logo set up at the dropzone. Photo taken by Calen (freakyrat), size reduced to fit online.

Lots more photos coming...!

(And the aerial photos are AMAZING -- the 10-way photos we have are among some of the best I've seen and I am proud to be in them! They will be provided very shortly.)

Where was that group dinner?

Fratelli's!

We had more than 50 people Saturday night (boogie attendees and dropzone regulars), and we gave a resounding toast and a gift to Kirsten Johnson (JumpShack was one of our sponsors, so we presented her with the gift certificates for her hard work doing load organizing for free). The presentation was wonderful and we thank JumpShack very much for them too! Thanks very much to my partner Alain, who I'm going to put into the sky in the near future. The cheering and clapping noise was so deafening (even though I am already deaf) that the people outdoors on the patio could hear it.

And yes, there will be a Rainbow Boogie 2007.

If you weren't there, you suck! But you can redeem yourself next year!

Yes I do, and very well I'm told :) And yes I will :)
I really wish I could have made it :( Next year though, next year B|

I'm with you Keith, give us the dates now so that we can plan for the event!

Consensus seems to say we must hold it again at NouvelAir, at least for 2007, to keep the ball rolling and because it's convenient (only 2.5 hours from me). There were some suggestions that it be held elsewhere, but that could still happen as smaller satellite "gettogethers" with NouvelAir location being the main boogie. (I do want to travel and meet more skydivers from all over the place...!)

We don't know dates, but we want to hold it on a date where everyone is able to come! (less interference by other boogies that everyone seems to want to go to, too as well). What I do WANT to know is dates that may interefere with the boogie -- i.e. when's WFFC 2007 and SkyFest 2007?

That's a catch-22: Do we decide dates now; or do we decide dates after some other boogies announce theirs?

I'd gamble that Montreal Pride 2007 is a good timing, or the weekend after. That way, THIS TIME we can set up a booth to attract First Jumps and grow the gay skydiver population. (We were originally gonna to do that -- but it was going to cost $4000 at OutGames)

Speaking of which, I believe we have 3 new gay skydivers in training right now indirectly as a result of the boogie (or via my encouragement).

But of course, that's not definite -- I gotta talk to Alain and others and come to something that would maximize attendance.

Part of the delay is that my digital camera did not arrive on time, and I had to take photos by film. Also, the aerial photos have some copyright credit and some potential magazine submission with it -- but I should be OK with posting web-resolution pictures.

Another bottleneck is I'm catching up with work and there's Montreal Pride, so I believe Sunday will be when I am posting a new flood of photos online; updating the rainbowskydive.com website, and responding to about 10 to 15 unanswered emails. Lotsa to do... :|

Lots more photos coming...!

Well, not meaning to be impatient but well???

Scott C.

Hey Folks! I wanted to let everyone know that the Rainbow Boogie 2006 DVD set is ready to ship! Sorry for the delay. I waited to get Nigel's footage before putting it all together. It turned out great! Lots of good skydiving, formation loads, a 10-way record and some of the funniest exits I have seen in a long time. You can order it at www.skypeople.ca/1.htm.

Donna and I had a great time at the boogie and look forward to 2007!

Ross

Been working on my french (mon francais) so I can get by better next time I'm in Quebec!

J'adore le parachutisme! :)

See you all there!

~Rick
~Maggott
__________________________________________________________________________________
"Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone?"