Deuce

Favorite childhood cartoons.

Used to watch a cheesy Japanamation cartoon called Star Blazers. In order to save the planet, an old japanese battlaship gets retrofitted to be spaceworthy and the action begins.

Here is the themesong for the show. I don't remember it being that cheesy, but I was about 10 at the time.

Sean,
Never saw that, but it sounds similar to Robotech - Japanese Space Anime meets soap opera. Cool fighting machines though.

Transformers rocked!

Anyone else remember Star Blazers?

Edit to add: Now that I've seen Sean's post, I guess someone else does. :D Related to that timeframe and Saturday TV (since my household only did at times), anyone else (Sean?) remember a non-cartoon serial of a post-apocalyptic Earth, thinking nuclear, anyhow, this family travelled around in the coolest Winnebago ever made. They had a robot, a machine that would create whatever food they asked for, and one guy flew around with a jet-pack. It's been bugging me for years trying to remember what it was called.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

The only reason to watch StarBlazers was to see the Wave Motion gun. But that gun was so worth it.

Wheelie & The Chopper Bunch
Voltron
Freekazoid
Pole Position
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Anyone else remember Star Blazers?

Edit to add: Now that I've seen Sean's post, I guess someone else does. :D Related to that timeframe and Saturday TV (since my household only did at times), anyone else (Sean?) remember a non-cartoon serial of a post-apocalyptic Earth, thinking nuclear, anyhow, this family travelled around in the coolest Winnebago ever made. They had a robot, a machine that would create whatever food they asked for, and one guy flew around with a jet-pack. It's been bugging me for years trying to remember what it was called.

Blues,
Dave

Dave, I hate you. Yes, I remember that show, but not the title. Now I'm going to have to figure it out.>:(
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Bugs Bunny.... I can't be the only one.

Bugs Bunny and the Roadrunner show is probably my all-time favorite, all the characters, including Wiley Coyote, Yosemite Sam, etc... Sadly I don't see them on TV much anymore if at all. Used to have 3 hours of them on Saturday mornings when I was a kid though.

When I was a bit older, I got hooked on Tom and Jerry. Man, the violence... I fucking loved it! :D:D:D:D I still watch them even at age 39. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Johnny Quest (loved it...theme music...tech...cool toys)
Fantastic Voyage (yes, it was also a saturday morning cartoon)
Thunderbirds (not technically a cartoon, but I think puppets should count)
Hot Wheels (changed the way toys are marketed to children and as a result laws were rewritten so this would never happen again!)
Speed Racer
Gigantor (gotta love a giant flying robot!)
Kimba the White Lion (do not see Disney's The Lion King after this!)

Damn, in retrospect, I watched a LOT of TV as a kid.

Do live action cartoons count? I have a pretty big list there too!
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Used to watch a cheesy Japanamation cartoon called Star Blazers. In order to save the planet, an old japanese battlaship gets retrofitted to be spaceworthy and the action begins.

Here is the themesong for the show. I don't remember it being that cheesy, but I was about 10 at the time.

I remember that... seemed like they always had to fire that huge-ass ray gun to save the day at the last minute... why didn't they just start OUT firing it??

WTH was that thing called.... the reflex gun, wasn't it?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I used to LOVE Ultraman. It's the ultimate in cheesy Japanese type cartoons.

And Speed Racer ROCKS!

I had one favorite Bugs Bunny cartoon. It was Bugs Bunny and the Abominable Snowman.....George.
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Robotech
Thundercats
Bionic Six
Sabre Rider and the Star Sherrifs
Pinky and the Brain
Transformers
He-man
Bravestar
Captain N: Gamemaster
M.A.S.K

Here's a link i found to a list of cartoons from the 80's, this brought back some memories: http://www.80scartoons.net/toons/

On the left hand side of the page is an a-z link of cartoons of the the 80's, unfortunately a lot of the pages are undergoing maintenance. Still, just looking at the names brought back some memories.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky