betsi

Icarus, 3 months delivery?

buy me a 129 and I'll give you my 139 :)
It'll be relined in the next days, and it'll be easier to pack than a new one.

Plus it doesn't have the ugly side panels / advertisement on it ;)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Many people over the past year ordered custom canopies and got them well under the time quoted by other companies. Icarus is selling more canopies now than they ever have in their history.

Ask people who have bought canopies in the past 2 or 3 years and you will see an overwhelming amount of people are very pleased with how they are treated and the service.

I am sorry if you have not been pleased in the past, but Icarus (myself included) is always trying to improve its relationship with its customers.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

Well its good to hear that they have made positive changes. I will admit, since my personal experience, that yes, I have not dealt with them again, so things might be very different. I wonder if since Deadalus was created, things took off in different and postive directions. When I dealt with them, everything was in Spain, with only reps here in the states. If you don't mind me asking, cause you appear to be a rep., what has changed in the last couple years....such as manufacturing plants, reps and such. I apologize for my previous comments if they aren't accurate anymore....I just had a whalloup of an experience.

Cheers.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

There was a big slump after the crossifre bullitens. After that Wyat took over the US end of service and support. We have a great team of people working in the US that are really doing great things. 95% of the canopies are built in Spain now, and that facility is amazing. The quality of the products are second to none.

It took time to build ip steam (and customer confidence) but things are going awesome. We are now able to put time and effort into new and exciting projects like the Neos, the Icarus Reserve, and more projects that will be coming soon!!

As has been stated before Daedalous is not affiliated with Icarus Canopies.

Johnny
Mike Rome

Great news. I have heard nothing but the best about the Spain facility. In fact, I called them to find the canopy I ordered and that was the only way I was able to get any answers to where my canopy was. Its good to know that there is someone other than the person I dealt with working the US side of things. I personally know Wyat as well, and I know hes passionate, to say the least, about what he does.

I was aware that Daedalous was a different company entirely, but I was under the impression that there was some communication between Icarus and them. Isn't the JVX based off the VX? And the new GLS XF based off the Crossfire2?

Jyro owns new zealand aerosports. He designed the original VX. He has chosen to release a newer version of the VX under his own company.

I have to seen or heard anything about this 9 cell canopy from new zealand aerosports.

Johnny
Mike Rome

Really....I am surprised that the designer of a canopy is allowed to have the design rights to that canopy when it is produced by a company. Now I have no knowledge of how the industry in this way works...but what I am reading from you, is that a guy named Jyro designed the VX, and perhaps even the Crossfire and owned the rights to the design. Did he lease the rights to Icarus, but then decide to release them again with modifications under a different name to another company?

With all the copyright and such going on in this world, its just surprising seeing the succsessful design of several canopies by one company being shared with another. Although, it can do nothing to but create new and exciting canopies for us to fly, so I encourage such sharing of technologies. As far as the Crossfire...here's a link to the GLS XF... http://www.nzaerosports.com/GLSXF.htm

Thanks for the info dude...

There was a big slump after the crossifre bullitens. After that Wyat took over the US end of service and support... .

Thats great. However, when i wanted to demo an Icarus canopy NOBODY called me back. I called SD which is where Wyat is from and.......nothing. Icarus blows fat monkey balls as far as im concerned. The Icarus website blows and their customer service blows. save yopurself a huge headache and buy anything but an Icarus canopy.
what!?

Many people over the past year ordered custom canopies and got them well under the time quoted by other companies. Icarus is selling more canopies now than they ever have in their history.

I ordered a custom coloured Safire2 139 in the middle of november 2005 and got it way too soon, in the middle of december 2005. I was quoted three months when I ordered. Since we didn't start to jump until april 2006, I just had give it a hug now and then for four months. Almost torture... :P

we have had both good and bad experiences as far as icarus goes at my dz. i bought an icarus canopy a few years ago and got it within 2 weeks, stock of course.

we have had 3 guys this year buy a safire 2 and they were all about the same time. 2 were custom colored and one was stock. the 2 custom colored ones are here adn they are jumping them but the stock one isnt here yet and he keeps getting told its on its way and that has been for 3 weeks now. they told him that they had to build teh canopy for him but it would be to him real quick and its still not there.

I do have to say up until about 3 weeks ago they were real good about it. They did send him a demo to jump until he got his canopy. Then they told him his canopy would be there a certain day and to send the demo back and he said he wouldnt send the demo back til he had his canopy in his hands and he still doesnt.

Hey that's really cool you guys are doing better. When I was looking to buy a crossfire2 or katana last year, what really won me over was the customer service, not to say Icarus was bad, it's just that PD was better specifically in terms of responsiveness and ability to provide demos on a timely basis (1 to 2 week vs. 1+ months).

I also found the ease at which I could order a h.p. demo canopy from Icarus somewhat disturbing. PD made an effort to check if I could survive demoing their product before sending it out to me.

Gotta go... plaything needs to spank me
Feel the hate...
Photos here

Whenever I am at a boogie I have always required people to have the proper jump numbers before letting them try specific canopies. I know there is a demo form to fill out before you can demo one fron us also.

How many jumps did you have at the time and who did you speak to?

Johnny
Mike Rome

Apparently delivery times have not improved. Ordered a Safire2 in April, now they're saying it won't be delivered until August.
I'll know better next time, I guess. :S

"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."