cocheese

Anti spanking proposal?

If the kid(s) are raised properly, then you shouldn't have to worry about "spanking".

That is a ridiculous statement. Children, no matter how well they are raised and well tempered they are, test boundaries-some children "test" more often than others.

As parents, it is up to us to teach them that for every action they make, there is a reward or consequence. Whether a parents decides to use spanking as a consequence for bad behavior--that is a personal choice. The government has no RIGHT to intercede and tell us how to raise our children. Period. They should be worrying about how to resolve the war.

***If you want a kid to grow up thinking violence is okay, then by all means...spank away.

I was spanked many times as a child, and at no time have I ever believed violence was or is okay. My husband was also spanked as a child and he's never laid a hand on me to be abusive in any kind of way....he won't even go for the S & M stuff[:/]

Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

I have 6 children and I don't have to spank any of them. They know not to fuck up or to stop doing whatever they are doing by the way I look at them. If they need punished for something I come up with creative ways to get the point across. I will spank them and they know it, but they have to really really do something bad. I agree with whoever wrote that some "adults" need to be spanked along with politicians for constantly putting their face in private family matters.

Maybe if more people spanked or showed any kind of parental control over their little snot nosed brats we wouldn't have the shcool shootings, the gangs, and all the bullshit that goes on in schools now. I have heard kids telling their parents what they are or are not going to do....I would face punch one of mine for talking shit like that to me.

Absolutely!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

If the kid(s) are raised properly, then you shouldn't have to worry about "spanking".

That is a ridiculous statement. Children, no matter how well they are raised and well tempered they are, test boundaries-some children "test" more often than others.

As parents, it is up to us to teach them that for every action they make, there is a reward or consequence. Whether a parents decides to use spanking as a consequence for bad behavior--that is a personal choice. The government has no RIGHT to intercede and tell us how to raise our children. Period. They should be worrying about how to resolve the war.

Very well said
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That is a ridiculous statement.

Why don't you read my post again. I NEVER SAID, "if kids were raised properly, then you shouldn't have to worry about spanking".

I'm not going to rewrite again what I had to for mnealtx. If you want my response, then read what I said to mnealtx. :S

If I stand on my tip toes, I can see the weekend from here!

I heard on the news this morning that they want to abolish spanking and parents who are caught spanking could face up to a year in jail.

So, they are going to tell you that you can’t spank your kids, but when they are out of control teenagers, who do you think is going to be responsible for any trouble they get into…………….the parent.

I am not a parent, but I was spanked as a child and I do not believe that spanking should be outlawed.

I got the crap beat out of me when I was a kid......however, when my parents apoligze about it these days, I flat out tell them to STFU because I earned ever single bit of it. I was that loud-mouthed little fuck that ALWAYS had to have the last word in any situation. I am surprised that they each don't have more gray hair than they do at this point between me and my brother.

I think we both turned out ok in this world though

(go ahead, make whatever jokes you fuckers are gonna make at that one)

We raised 2 kids entirely without corporal punishment of any kind, and they've each turned out to be decent, respectable, responsible people. I know fully well, from experience, how hard it is to raise kids, especially if they're hell-raisers. We raised our kids with pretty firm discipline, but all of it was completely non-corporal. It is a myth that you can't do a good job raising decent kids unless they're spanked.

Abused... no.

Spanked to an extent that fits the "crime"... sure. My mom smacked the ever loving shit out of me before, but I deserved it.

Half of the people who are so horrified of spanking kids mentally abuse their own kids, or let them grow into juvi delinquents.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P