Evelyn

What excuse do you use to get out of going to the gym?

I go to the gym every day. That's just my routine. But if something comes up where I can't go, I go with it. Today it was no parking. I drove around 3 times before saying screw it, i'll just go home and work out on my bike and free weights. But I didn't do that. I came home and had a glass of wine and started posting on dz.com. So that is my excuse today. What's yours??

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

"It's to busy"

If I'm in the gym on a machine and there's more than 3 other people on the machines I'll give up for the day because I don't want to go out of order. Lame I know, but I"m lazy and will look for pretty much any reason to quit the workout early.

Hey, at least you made it there. Go with some other machines and come back to the ones you want. Once you get to the gym there is no excuse not to work out - at least in my opinion. Good luck!!

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

Usually just being lazy. Sometimes I have legitimate reasons.

Last week I wanted to go to the gym on two different days but the weather was horrible (snow/ice) and I have a very hilly drive from the gym to my home. So I skipped it.

But today I went!! I probably will skip tomorrow but go on Thursday. I'm aiming for about 4 times a week.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

IT'S CLOSED BECAUSE THE PUSSIES IN THIS TOWN CAN'T HANDLE A LITTLE F**CKING ICE!

I really think the SOB's should just give me my own key to the gym. Now I'm stuck at home trying to figure out how to rearrange furniture so that I can do wind sprints from one end of the house to the other. :S
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I go to the gym every day

right, unless your too lazy to park somewhere else and ,science forbid, walk there!!

am i the only person that thinks driving a car to the gym is by far the most retarded thing ever, why not just save the memebership money and buy your own home gym abbowriderflexthigy.

my roomate just joined a gym, she drives there (less then half a mile, then runs on a treadmill.)
she pays $30 A MONTH to run in place. yet theyres tons of pavement (not to mention awesome singletrack just as far away) to run on for FREE!!

I go to the gym every day

right, unless your too lazy to park somewhere else and ,science forbid, walk there!!

am i the only person that thinks driving a car to the gym is by far the most retarded thing ever, why not just save the memebership money and buy your own home gym abbowriderflexthigy.

my roomate just joined a gym, she drives there (less then half a mile, then runs on a treadmill.)
she pays $30 A MONTH to run in place. yet theyres tons of pavement (not to mention awesome singletrack just as far away) to run on for FREE!!

You don't work out, do you?

Anyone with much experience with gym equipment knows that home exercise machines can't hold a candle to the stuff at the gym. Also, when you run outdoors, you have to deal with inclement weather, allergens, etc. Yesterday morning it was thirty degrees outside, but it was seventy degrees inside my gym. Six months ago it was 105 degrees outside, but it was still seventy degrees in my gym. For $30-$50 per month, those of us with gym memberships have the peace of mind of knowing that we can work out every day (unless there's a damn ice storm) on quality equipment that we could never personally afford, in a temperate climate that nature could never provide.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Todays was "its sleeting outside and there's ice on the road...lets order from Burger Boy and stay in."

So instead of working out we had some really greese comfort food delieverd. Since we really need to go to the grocery store and didn't want to go in the cold sleet.:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Sadly, I have a gym membership and I'm not using it.

I've had an assortment of excuses:

*I'm tired
*I have a headache
*I hurt my leg
*I don't know how to work these machines
*I don't feel comfortable there
*I'm too lazy.
*Man...I'm already home. I don't want to go back out.

I really have great intentions of going...but always find excuses not to. But I have a treadmill in my house and have begun to use that, so I'm not a TOTAL bum! :)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

oh, whaa, whaa, whaa, its cold out, its hot out!!

suck it up nancy boy.
i ride my bike more then 150 miles a week(ussually closer to 180) and around 200 in the summer, not including centuries.
oh yeah, did i mention its all on a fixed gear

and no i don't work out, i just "do shit outside" or whatever.

edited to add: anybody wanna see my saddle sore??

Anyone with much experience with gym equipment knows that home exercise machines can't hold a candle to the stuff at the gym.

How so? Is there a special kind of resistance that you only get from gym machines that you can't get from a home gym or dumbbells?

Also, when you run outdoors, you have to deal with inclement weather, allergens, etc. Yesterday morning it was thirty degrees outside, but it was seventy degrees inside my gym. Six months ago it was 105 degrees outside, but it was still seventy degrees in my gym. For $30-$50 per month, those of us with gym memberships have the peace of mind of knowing that we can work out every day (unless there's a damn ice storm) on quality equipment that we could never personally afford, in a temperate climate that nature could never provide.

Agreed, on weather effects...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

How so? Is there a special kind of resistance that you only get from gym machines that you can't get from a home gym or dumbbells?

I tried the workout at home thing last year. It was an excersize in futality. For me to have a setup that will allow me to do my normal workout with my normal weights, I'd have to spend a LOT of money and have a lot of room for all the gear and excersizes. I need a bit over 300lbs of weights for an olympic bar, an ez-curl bar, dumbells from 25lbs to 200lbs. A flat bench, a short 90 bench, an adjustable incline bench, a decline bench and a squat rack.

So after I spend all of that money and build a large add on to the house, I might as well keep my $15 a month Golds Gym membership.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I tried the workout at home thing last year. It was an excersize in futality. For me to have a setup that will allow me to do my normal workout with my normal weights, I'd have to spend a LOT of money and have a lot of room for all the gear and excersizes. I need a bit over 300lbs of weights for an olympic bar, an ez-curl bar, dumbells from 25lbs to 200lbs. A flat bench, a short 90 bench, an adjustable incline bench, a decline bench and a squat rack.

So after I spend all of that money and build a large add on to the house, I might as well keep my $15 a month Golds Gym membership.

G'morning Dave... I wasn't disputing cost, but Scott's assertion that gym machines are intrinsically better than a home gym.

I suppose it could be nit-picking, but I would think a home gym would work reasonably well for people without any extraordinary needs (like a weight stack the size of a small car... :P )
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706