cloudseeker2001

Called the Cops last night....

Last night I was walking my dogs(about midnight), and as I walked through the gate to the common area, a guy across the street jumps out from behind a tree and charges me! It is damn obvious he means to do harm! Well, I ran back through the gate to my house and called the cops! I told them exactly what happened and where. About 10 minutes later I get a call from the police stating they have searched the entire area and have not seen anyone that looks like the description I gave them. I thought well, ok, the guy is gone.........But then, 30 seconds after I hang up the phone, I open my front door(my front door faces the same street) and the guy is standing in the middle of the street exactly were I told the cops he would be!!!!!!! And this guy charged me again! I went back inside and thought about calling the cops again, but decided I had already tried that........So I sat in my chair for about an hour reading a book with a .40 on the arm-rest waiting for the "charger" to break into my house......he never did!:|

I do not even think the cop made a pass through my neighborhood.[:/]:|

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Remember: Zombies must be dispatched with a headshot, or they're just going to keep coming.

No, no zombie, just a thug or crackhead "Lying in Wait" for someone such as myself to walk out of the gated area! I usually let my dogs out first, but last night I decided that I would check if anyone was out there! I wonder if he would have had the same reaction if my two 80 and 90 pound Boxers would have walked out first..........:D:D:D

and as I walked through the gate to the common area

???....what is "the common area"...???
:S
(a term I have never heard)

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

and as I walked through the gate to the common area

???....what is "the common area"...???
:S
(a term I have never heard)

SMiles;)

like a common courtyard, in an appartment copmplex, or gated community or similar
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Mace in one hand, .40 in the other, and go see what's up. Don't let some screwball hold you hostage.

And plus, if you shoot him in the head, the police won't come anyway.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Mace in one hand, .40 in the other, and go see what's up. Don't let some screwball hold you hostage.

Bad advice from a legal standpoint there, Rambo...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I don't give a fuck about legal. If some nutbag looks like he is about to harm me, he gets one in the head.

But I'd probably call the cops again and find out why they are not doing their job.

I don't give a fuck about legal. If some nutbag looks like he is about to harm me, he gets one in the head.

But I'd probably call the cops again and find out why they are not doing their job.

Going and looking for them when they AREN'T breaking into your house is gonna pretty much guarantee a trip to Federal-pound-me-in-the-ass prison.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Going and looking for them when they AREN'T breaking into your house is gonna pretty much guarantee a trip to Federal-pound-me-in-the-ass prison.

If you are walking your dog and get attacked by a lunatic you are perfectly within your rights to defend yourself if retreat is not possible. If you are in Florida, 'stand your ground' and you are legal.

If you are walking your dog and get attacked by a lunatic you are perfectly within your rights to defend yourself if retreat is not possible. If you are in Florida, 'stand your ground' and you are legal.

Absolutely (assuming state laws have no 'duty to retreat') - however, she was in her house, and you were telling her to go find the person - that's not going to fly when it comes out in cross-examination, because a reasonable person isn't going to go looking.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Read this book "In the Gravest Extreme, Role of the Firearm in Personal Protection" by Massad F. Ayoob

Written from real world experience. There are tips on where to hide guns from children and burglars.
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

Absolutely (assuming state laws have no 'duty to retreat') - however, she was in her house, and you were telling her to go find the person - that's not going to fly when it comes out in cross-examination, because a reasonable person isn't going to go looking.

I'm just saying, if it was me, I wouldn't let someone like this stop me from going about my business. If I was forced to defend myself so be it.

But I would call the cops again first.

It completely depends on your state laws. For instance, in TX criminal mischief at night is something you can use deadly force on. So technically if someone was toliet papering your house you could shoot them. Technically. Would you get no-billed? Maybe, depends on the jury. Would you be free of civil liability? OH FUCK NO! You'd be hosed in civil court! Freak'n hosed!

I STRONGLY suggest that if anyone has any sort of weapon for home or personal defense they read up on their state's laws on the matter. Don't take someone's word for it (even if they are a lawyer), read it for yourself.

As for a cop not checking the area...who knows what was going on there, its easy to call back and explain fully to the dispatcher what is going on. Sounds like the guy might have been experiencing some sort of mental crisis. It happens, but its no reason for you to take matters into your own hands.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It completely depends on your state laws. For instance, in TX criminal mischief at night is something you can use deadly force on. So technically if someone was toliet papering your house you could shoot them. Technically. Would you get no-billed? Maybe, depends on the jury. Would you be free of civil liability? OH FUCK NO! You'd be hosed in civil court! Freak'n hosed!

I STRONGLY suggest that if anyone has any sort of weapon for home or personal defense they read up on their state's laws on the matter. Don't take someone's word for it (even if they are a lawyer), read it for yourself.

As for a cop not checking the area...who knows what was going on there, its easy to call back and explain fully to the dispatcher what is going on. Sounds like the guy might have been experiencing some sort of mental crisis. It happens, but its no reason for you to take matters into your own hands.

The guy was "lying in wait" behind a tree waiting for people to walk out to their cars, and he clearly ment to do harm. I'm am sure he was expecting someone too scared to react as quicky as I did(HAHAHA it was like a high speed mal!). I did not fully realize this until today, but from the tree he was hiding behind, he could see the back gate and the front doors of all eight townhouses. Yea, this guy had a plan. Someone will take care of him.;)

I do not even think the cop made a pass through my neighborhood.

The cops may have been busy attending Advanced Drug Awareness Training.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG