sharimcm

Pinball Anyone?

A co-worker of mine decided to play pinball with his truck yesterday when the ice was starting to melt. Now, his truck is well... Just a little dented... :S

Moral of the story - truck + ice + stupid people + guardrail + 2 other cars = OUCH!!

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

The insurance company said it was pretty much totaled. But, as hard-headed as he is, he said he was going to drive it until the wheels fall off. And, actually, that's only one side of the truck. The front of it is f'ed up as well as the driver side cab area. He was OK, just a little pissed...

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

He was OK, just a little pissed...

He should be pissed at himself for being such a dumbass. I don't care who you are, if you don't have chains on the tires, you should not be driving on ice. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

an easy rule of thumb: if it's too slippery to walk, it's too slippery to drive.

It's not that difficult to understand, people. I cannot understand people who, after an ice storm, will shuffle slowly along on the ice to get to their car, then expect to be able to drive w/ no problems when they could barely even walk.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

He should be pissed at himself for being such a dumbass. I don't care who you are, if you don't have chains on the tires, you should not be driving on ice. :S

Ummm ... I drive on ice here all the time without chains on my tires. Haven't been in an accident in about 20 years.

Perhaps it's operator error. :D

'Shell
'Shell

lol I was thinking of the same thing Lived in Notheren Ontario for 9 years and not an accidient and the funny thing was being in the military we were called often to drive in crap others wouldnt
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

depends on the type of ice. some ice is un-driveable.

yeah like black ice.. that shit sucks. I have driven on ice with no problems either in an ambulance
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

an easy rule of thumb: if it's too slippery to walk, it's too slippery to drive.

It's not that difficult to understand, people. I cannot understand people who, after an ice storm, will shuffle slowly along on the ice to get to their car, then expect to be able to drive w/ no problems when they could barely even walk.

You CAN safely drive on ice as long as you're CAREFUL!! The people that CAN'T drive on ice are the ones that think they can drive the same speed as on dry pavement. If you take it easy, it can be done. Oh, and if you have good tires, even better.

Shuffle to the car ... shuffle the car home. Simple.

'Shell
'Shell

He should be pissed at himself for being such a dumbass.

He IS pissed at himself. He was STRESSING to his employees how dangerous it was to be driving on the ice, and he goes off and has an accident by doing what he was telling everyone NOT to do... But it's the black ice that bit him in the ass. B|

"Do as I say, not as I do." :S

I drive on ice every day and have never used chains, infact chains are discouraged in most cases.

Yes it is...real ice cannot be driven on. If a 10 or 15 mph wind pushes you sideways, you cannot drive on it. Ice, packed ice, snow, packed snow, are all different. If a gust of wind can blow you off the road, it is un-driveable. If you haven't seen a condition like this, you haven't seen the condition that we are speaking of.

Jon

ps Sorry 'bout your buddys Chevy...that sucks:|

edited to add the ps

Ummm ... I drive on ice here all the time without chains on my tires. Haven't been in an accident in about 20 years.

Perhaps it's operator error. :D

'Shell

Flying broomsticks dont count as driving on ice:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You CAN safely drive on ice as long as you're CAREFUL!! The people that CAN'T drive on ice are the ones that think they can drive the same speed as on dry pavement. If you take it easy, it can be done. Oh, and if you have good tires, even better.

Shuffle to the car ... shuffle the car home. Simple.

'Shell

A ghastly feeling slide across black ice will change that viewpoint...:o;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Worse than ice is slush. At least you can only slide on ice. With slush you have to worry about it sliding on the road with you as well. [:/]
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Well, the insurance adjuster just came out and handed over a pretty beefy check for my co-worker's truck, and in return, he bought the truck back to part out. Sad thing about the whole thing was the truck was paid off just three days before the accident. :o He's headed to the bank in his piece of shit rental car with a huge smile on his face. :D