markovwgti

Altitrack Questions....

I just got this thing and its confusing me a bit...
The first thing i have no clue about is The Match Value...When i go to turn it off it says you have to go to a page that has a mathc value...what is it and why do they put it in there...and how do i turn th backlight on. i cant get it to go on, i dont think im doing it right

Turning it off is actually pretty easy. Push and hold the square button on the back until you get a display that says BEEP and some other stuff. Push the left arrow once, you will get a display that says OFF in the upper left and has a number on the right and zero on the left. Push the left arrow button until the number on the right matches the one on the left and push the square button. This turns in off. You have to do this so you don't turn it off by mistake.
To turn the backlight on, push the right button on the front. When the green light comes on, push and hold the square button on the front until it goes off. Then push the left button once. The backlight is now on.
Like the first reply says...RTFM!!!
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley

Turning it off is actually pretty easy. Push and hold the square button on the back until you get a display that says BEEP and some other stuff. Push the left arrow once, you will get a display that says OFF in the upper left and has a number on the right and zero on the left. Push the left arrow button until the number on the right matches the one on the left and push the square button. This turns in off. You have to do this so you don't turn it off by mistake.

geez...if that's what the manual says, I can see the confusion. Couldn't they just steal the cypres shutdown procedure? It's weird, but at least it's familiar.

To turn the backlight on, push the right button on the front. When the green light comes on, push and hold the square button on the front until it goes off. Then push the left button once. The backlight is now on.

wow this forum helps and stuff but people should really learn how to read posts and then reply to them....i didnt ask how to turn it off or turn it on, i know how to do that, im just asking what the match value menas or why you have to match it to turn it off, why is it 20 to start off with?? and you wrote to turn the backlight on push the right front button, puch the right button on the front, when the gren light comes on push and hold the "SQUARE" button on the front until it goes off, that makes no sense right there, 1st there isnt no square button on the front, and i push the right button 20 times in different ways and no backlight goes on

wow this forum helps and stuff but people should really learn how to read posts and then reply to them....i didnt ask how to turn it off or turn it on, i know how to do that, im just asking what the match value menas or why you have to match it to turn it off, why is it 20 to start off with?? and you wrote to turn the backlight on push the right front button, puch the right button on the front, when the gren light comes on push and hold the "SQUARE" button on the front until it goes off, that makes no sense right there, 1st there isnt no square button on the front, and i push the right button 20 times in different ways and no backlight goes on

The match value is just a random value you must match to activate the function (turn off and erase the logbook are the functions that use it). The reason for it is to avoid activating the protected functions by misstake or by someone who doesn't know how to use the unit and just presses some buttons.

Backlight on/off and altitude adjustment are done just like how a protrack is activated for configuration. Press one of the front buttons once and when the green light turns on, press the same button again and hold it until the green light goes out. Which button does what, I don't remember, but the manual and the summary page tells. The unit will leave these adjustment modes after some timeout. If the altitude was adjusted it will enter flight-mode and no longer automaticly adjust the height until after a jump or some hours.

The match value is just a random value you must match to activate the function (turn off and erase the logbook are the functions that use it). The reason for it is to avoid activating the protected functions by misstake or by someone who doesn't know how to use the unit and just presses some buttons.

Backlight on/off and altitude adjustment are done just like how a protrack is activated for configuration. Press one of the front buttons once and when the green light turns on, press the same button again and hold it until the green light goes out. Which button does what, I don't remember, but the manual and the summary page tells. The unit will leave these adjustment modes after some timeout. If the altitude was adjusted it will enter flight-mode and no longer automaticly adjust the height until after a jump or some hours.

Now that helps, thank you very much for going into detail what the match value is:)

Sorry, I didn't write the right instructions.

Quickly press the right button on the front and when the the green light lights up press the right button again and hold it down until the green light lights up a second time and release. Now it should be in backlight setup mode (the green light should be lit) and you turn on/off backlight by pressing the right button again. Wait three seconds and the green light will turn off and it should go out of setup mode (the green light will turn off).

Quickly press the right button on the front and when the the green light lights up press the right button again and hold it down until the green light lights up a second time and release. Now it should be in backlight setup mode (the green light should be lit) and you turn on/off backlight by pressing the right button again. Wait three seconds and the green light will turn off and it should go out of setup mode (the green light will turn off).

Thanks, I've been pleased with my Altitrack in all respects. I also found the instructions in the manual to perform a right front button access incomplete for backlighting.

Thanks, I've been pleased with my Altitrack in all respects. I also found the instructions in the manual to perform a right front button access incomplete for backlighting.

wow thanks for replying, atleast i know im not the only one with that problem....300$ and i dont have a backlight, this sucks

Come on!!! This shit is simpler than a reserve handle, I would hope that skydivers would be able to figure the backlight out!!! :ph34r:

Unless your units is broken the backlight is a piece of cake to use, and works great.

Tap the right access button and let it go, do not hold. This is on the side of the unit, the one closest to the finger mount velcro. The access led will then flash green, at this point you hold the right access button until the access light is a steady green (not just a blink) and release. Tt is now in a mode that will turn on or turn off the back light, a tap of the right access button turns it on, another tap turns it off.

Does any one need instructions on how to read the dial face?:P
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

These last posts are from 2007. If you have a newer AltiTrack, some of the functions have changed. There are now at least 2 versions and I believe the backlight works differently on them. The manual on their website is still for the older version. I emailed them about this a year ago. They replied that they know the older version is on the website and the newer version is not, but gave no explanation for why the newer one isn't. So you have to read the manual that came with your unit.

"So many fatalities and injuries are caused by decisions jumpers make before even getting into the aircraft. Skydiving can be safe AND fun at the same time...Honest." - Bill Booth