TallGuy

Memorial Contributions for Tommy D and Cliff Heller

Please forgive me if this has already been posted but I'm interested making some form of contribution in memory of Tommy D and Cliff Heller. Has anyone already set something up? I don't know the ins and out of establishing or managing something like this but I could set up a PayPal account like as was done for Shannon ( GirlFallDown ).

I think it would be nice to have a couple adjacent full page ads on the back two pages of Parachutist. And perhaps anything over the cost could be either put towards a good cause or used in setting up memorial event(s) for them.

If this has already been touched upon please PM me with a link otherwise I'd love to see some input from the rest of the community.

I don't think anything formal has been set up, but I know that Beth had more than enough money to cover the tab at Pyramid last night and was thinking of putting the extra towards a fund if someone established it.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Cool thanks. I see that PayPal has a system set up for setting up donations. Looks as though their site will generate code you can use to put a button on a website. The button links to a paypal form they can use to make the donation. Perhaps someone more web development / graphic design savvy could assemble a page the button can be hosted on?

Not a bad idea...the two Parachutist pages.

Additionally, I was thinking Iwan could dedicate the Boogie DVD to them.

Bare Min: some dedication mention in the credits.

If more possible: pics and/or video. Maybe a slideshow type with some sentimental music like in skybytch's video similar to the slideshow at the end of the Parabatix video.

If this is somehow a faux pas, then someone let me know.

And done.

Since I haven't heard any objections I've had a friend develop the a web page for contributions towards a two page Parachutist spread for Tom and Cliff.

If you'd like to see it and/or contribute click here .

Special thanks to Beverly Young for creating the web page.

First you have our deepest condolences and warmest regards.

I believe the back inside cover and adjacent full page in Parachutist is about $2000. In the past we found skydivers to be obscenely generous in meeting these goals. I think I speak for all of us when I say we would like the honor of giving your family several copies as a gift.

Sure thing. I posted it pretty late and it's still really early on the West Coast but we've already collected:

$486.15 USD

I'll figure PalPal fees into it later.

I'm going jumping but I'll look into adding and updating tally information on the web page.

Thanks guys. I can't imagine a better group of people.

Updates:

Here is what I pulled from the Parachutist 2006 rate card.
The inside back cover is $1565
and Full adjacent page is $845 (Standard B&W)
Plus $435 for it to be in color
I'd also like to add another $100 to buy a couple dozen copies for Tom and Cliff's famalies.
Total $2945

Our current collection status is at about $1350 so we are nearing the half way mark

We'll be having a gathering in Byron this Sat (Jan 13th 6:00 PM) and I imagine we can collect some more then.

We'll get there. No question about that.

who are we donating the extra money to?? just wondering..

I'm glad you asked.

Once we have achieved the goal for the Parachutist spread I was considering disabling the PayPal link and replacing it with links to the charities they favored or perhaps funds their families had established.

It has been mentioned that Tom was keen on donating to breast cancer research so barring any other suggestions I'll link to that for him. If anyone can think of an appropriate cause for Cliff I'd be happy to link to it as well.