ExAFO

How to get over being dumped?

Got dumped after 2.5 yr relationship. It happened 2 weeks ago. I feel like shit.

I'm a law student. It's hard to go out to the bars to look for little suzie rottencrotch undergrad.

How the hell does one get over the heartache?[:/]
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

You've got to change your way of thinking...

Maybe start here...
[:/]
"It's hard to go out to the bars to look for little suzie rottencrotch undergrad"

We're not all bad.;)

Bobbi

Sorry, didn't mean to disparage undergrads. Call me a dork, but I just don't have the time to go to the bars every weekend, much less during the week at all.

The only person with whom I've had a real conversation recently is my Siamese cat.

Got dumped...I'm a law student.

If it is not readily apparent to you now, it will be soon. Plenty of relationships (including marriages) cannot withstand law school. Period.

The only way to get over it is with time. It is unfortunate that you are placed in the situation of your schooling affecting your personal life, but that is your lot for the time being. Wait till studying for the Bar comes around.[:/]

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Hang in there[:/]. I was in a lot of pain after a long relationship I was in ended. It just takes time. Don't worry I know it hurts like hell now but, you will feel better some day. The best advice I can give you is spend time with your friends and find some new hobbies to fill any excess free time you have. Maybe there is something you always wanted to try but, never had time for or look for something that interests you now that maybe you never thought of before. I know you must not have a lot of time being a law student but, try to take some time out and do something your self. I took swing and salsa dance lessons. It was a lot of fun and a great chance to meet new people. It kept my mind off of how much pain I was in and I made lots of great friends I still talk to almost 4 years later.

I know it seems like a long way off now but, soon you will start to feel better and after that it will keep on getting better:)
Oh ya and by the way I took a year off from any serious dating, had fun being single, grew as an independent person and I am now in a long term loving relationship and never been happier in my life. It will get better trust me:)
Fly like a girl

There's some decent advice in this thread that I started.

The best advice was "jump yer ass off," and that's what I did -- 31 jumps in Eloy during the XMas boogie. Was absolutely invigorating and I came back home feeling a bit better.

Write out what you're feeling, that helps a lot. Take up guitar too. I find singing and playing therapeutic.

To the extent that you can, work out. You'll feel good afterwards.

Another thing that helps -- think of all the negative things about her and focus on them. For me it was tough because I found little fault with the one I recently broke up with, but in past relationships it helped.

And who knows -- give it time, sometimes women come around. I'm fortunate enough to be in that situation right now myself B|

Hang in there; it does get better.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Here's some tuff love, maybe your dyslexic, and homeless, clue number 1.

Now shut the fuck up and go jump.

Do me a favor and put as many good times between you and this as you possibly can. And the answer is not in a bottle.

Take some time to get to know yourself again, and don't drag the B/S from this relationship into your next one.

besides you still have hangover sex comming to ya. 2 years if you think about it maybe you weren't breaking her off right, or to the left.

Get over it move on don't dwell. lifes to short for skydivers to be broken hearted.

E (And here comes a moderated spanking)

Get really drunk... Usually works for me... :S

If you need a drinking partner, let me know. Just don't complain too much if I don't focus on your eyes.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I'm a law student. It's hard to go out to the bars to look for little suzie rottencrotch undergrad.

Why do you need to? You shouldn't NEED to be with someone...find out who you are on your own.

Far too many people, in my humble opinion, rush out spear hunting for the next 'Significant Other', as if to be without one means the end of their life...and in doing so, become 'the hunter', and end up in train wreck after train wreck romance. (just what I've seen; your results may vary, blah blah blah...:ph34r:)

I agree with FlyGirl above: see what it feels like to be independent and when the right girl enters your life, she'll be more likely to be interested in you.

Women don't often enjoy being 'hunted', so just take it easy for a while. :)
Just my very humble .02 ;)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Get really drunk... Usually works for me... :S

If you need a drinking partner, let me know. Just don't complain too much if I don't focus on your eyes.;)

My eyes are not pink! :o:D And, if I was drunk, would I care? :S

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Why do you need to? You shouldn't NEED to be with someone...find out who you are on your own.

Far too many people, in my humble opinion, rush out spear hunting for the next 'Significant Other', as if to be without one means the end of their life...and in doing so, become 'the hunter', and end up in train wreck after train wreck romance. (just what I've seen; your results may vary, blah blah blah...:ph34r:)

I doubt he's interested in turning little suzie rottencrotch undergrad into his next 'Significant Other'. :S It's much more likely that he just wants to grudge-fuck her. :P

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Far too many people, in my humble opinion, rush out spear hunting for the next 'Significant Other', as if to be without one means the end of their life.

or worse go from one significant other directly to the next significant other with no time on their own at all... :S:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I doubt he's interested in turning little suzie rottencrotch undergrad into his next 'Significant Other'. :S It's much more likely that he just wants to grudge-fuck her. :P

Blues,
Dave

I'm not 100% sure what the hell I want...