guppie01

"The Big Game" <superbowl> :-P

I recently went around a house for "Football night"

I wasnt sure of the rules but i confess, after a few beers and "chips" i was pretty much enjoying the game (when they actually play)

I hang my British head in shame :(

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Hey, most years I am all about the "Girlie Method" but I'm glad I already know who I want to win this year. If we're going with the HOT QB factor, I think we need to check out the back ups! ;) I'd say Grossman is slightly better looking, but I wouldn't call either one of the HOT! Different strokes, I guess!

Look at the problems some NFL teams have had.

The Cincinatti Bengals are regulars on the police blotter.
As are the San Diego Chargers.

The Tank Johnson flap is a big one.

Personally, I'm rooting for the Colts. It'd be a shame if Manning ends up the next Marino. It'd be even worse to have him lose the Super Bowl to Tony Eason, er David Woodley, I mean Rex Grossman.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

About the whole Tank Johnson thing, on the one hand, the Bears took him on and kept him in spite of his history and maybe (probably) they did that for all the wrong reasons.

But as far as the more recent charges? Until he's had his day in court, I really don't think its the Bears' place or the NFL's place to sanction him. And the NFL apparently agrees. Once a final ruling has been made, if he's found guilty of ANY of the charges against him, I agree he should be fired. And honestly, I'd say that even if he were playing for the Colts!:P

I've been to my fair share of Superbowl Parties where I arrived and inquired to the Host as to who was playing...

then usually I'll root for whomever is winning (although sometimes I'll root for the underdog... depending on my mood...)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

About the whole Tank Johnson thing, on the one hand, the Bears took him on and kept him in spite of his history and maybe (probably) they did that for all the wrong reasons.

But as far as the more recent charges? Until he's had his day in court, I really don't think its the Bears' place or the NFL's place to sanction him. And the NFL apparently agrees. Once a final ruling has been made, if he's found guilty of ANY of the charges against him, I agree he should be fired. And honestly, I'd say that even if he were playing for the Colts!:P

I was informed of a new policy at my company about a year ago. Any employee who is charged with a violent or drug related offense will be automatically suspended without pay until he or she is cleared of those charges. A conviction brings termination and an acquittal brings reinstatement. As someone who is not even remotely considered a public representative for my company, I think professional athletes should be held to *at least* as stringent a standard by their employers. If I were the Cowboys, I'd have fired TO for the spitting thing (though that presents a paradox because I wouldn't have hired him in the first place due to his little dance on the star a few years ago). If I were the Bears, I'd fire Tank Johnson for simply having a bunch of drugs and unregistered guns in his house. I don't care if they were his or a friend's or he didn't even know they were there, especially after his previous problem was due to a valet seeing a gun in his car! Conviction one - *major* problem. Probation violation one - he'd have been fired now if not before, thus probation violation two wouldn't be my problem. Then again I don't own the Chicago Bears so I can't make their decisions...all I can do is root against them for what I consider poor judgement.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

C'mon, G, you gotta use a tried-and-true girlie method ... which QB do you think is hotter? :D

Hmmm... Well, the Bears QB is kind of cute, but I can't really tell if the Colts QB is... I mean, his face is nice, but it's all about the hair... I just want to grab it, pull it... Oh wait, what we talking about? :o

I'm not sure if I'd call his hair pull-worthy. :D

OK... I vote BEARS!!! :):$

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Well, that's pro sports for you- who cares if they are assholes, rapists, drunk drivers, druggies or even suspected killers as long as they can win games and help sell tickets? On principle, I don't disagree with you, and I've disliked other teams for a lot less. Still, the Bears aren't doing anything most other teams in the NFL wouldn't do under similar circumstances.

Peyton Manning will be the second greatest quarterback to never win the Superbowl.*

Plus, with his bruised thumb, he'll probably throw a few more floaters that will get picked off by the Bears' D.

The Colt's run defense, while doing well early in the playoffs, will collapse and allow at least 150 yards by the 4th quarter...keeping the Colt's O off the field.

Bears' D > Peyton (how the heck did A. Samuel shut down Marvin so well?!)

And yet another UF QB (this year at least), "Good" Rex, will handle an overrated, stat happy QB from UT.*

- AJ

* I actually want the Colts and Peyton to win... but I'll deny it if asked directly. ;)

Giaaa...you'll have a blast at your Superbowl party! B|

Last weekend, I jumped all day on Saturday and watched football (my first time) with James all day on Sunday. Haha...it was so much fun because he is my private tutor and "coach", regarding the sport.

After what James explained to me regarding Peyton Manning (Colts' QB) never quite making it to the Superbowl, I am happy for him. He finally made it this year, despite his naysayers. Oh, but James and I are going to be rooting for "Da Bears"!

P.S. The Colts' cheerleaders have tacky uniforms and lame looking mascots. (I'm serious.)

C'mon, G, you gotta use a tried-and-true girlie method ... which QB do you think is hotter? :D

Actually my wife usually selects her team based on the uniform ...

Seriousl. Both coaches are great examples to follow. Personally I hope for a great game, and I would be happy if Peyton won.

steveOrino

Peyton Manning will be the second greatest quarterback to never win the Superbowl.*

I am a huge Dan Marino fan too, so let's not go there...:P

Plus, with his bruised thumb, he'll probably throw a few more floaters that will get picked off by the Bears' D.

He's got 2 weeks off to heal that bruised thumb. You bet your sweet ass he'll be playing the game of his life on February 2.

The Colt's run defense, while doing well early in the playoffs, will collapse and allow at least 150 yards by the 4th quarter...keeping the Colt's O off the field.

Who said anything about allowing the Bears' O anywhere on the field to begin with??

Bears' D > Peyton (how the heck did A. Samuel shut down Marvin so well?!)

Samuel just got lucky...Peyton was right in the numbers with those passes to Marvin.

And yet another UF QB (this year at least), "Good" Rex, will handle an overrated, stat happy QB from UT.*

Now, why are we turning this into a UF/UT matter? As for the overrated comment...numbers don't lie baby.

I actually want the Colts and Peyton to win... but I'll deny it if asked directly. ;)

You better HOPE Colts and Peyton win...that's all I'm sayin...;):P