ntrprnr

GUYS: A Thought: A DZ.C Belly-Off Contest?

So I was running the park loop today, cursing how "taking it easy" since the marathon resulted in a quick gain of eight pounds, when it occured to me...

Tons of DZ.C "Let's lose weight because we're chicks and it'll be a bonding thing to do together and then we can watch lifetime TV" posts exist, but there's not one guy post for a similar thing.

I've seen some of us. We could all stand to drop a few. Me included, most definitely.

So here's my challenge...

Let's create a guys only Belly-Off challenge.

It's January 16th. Whoever wants to be in it: It starts Feb 1 and goes until May 1. We can do it one of two ways: Challenge being photographic, or numbers based.

Photographic: We all line up to submit photos - they have to have something to prove the date of around now... then we shoot again May 1. Women of DZ.com vote on the winner. (I personally prefer this option.)

Numeric: We have ourselves photographed on a scale, or with tape measures. Most pounds/inches lost wins. Doesn't ring 100% true though, because some of us have less to lose than others.

Personally, I'm all for the vote from the women of dz.com, but it means we all have to have the balls to show ourselves the way we are now.

If we do this right, we'll be smokin' by the time summer rolls around on the DZ.

Once a week voluntary check-ins, support from each other as needed.

Winners get... Well, whatever we decide. We can donate jump money, beer money, jump tickets, whatever. Donations for the winner are accepted from both the men and women of DZ.C. The true gift, though, is the gift to yourself of how great we'll all look at the start of summer.

I'll kick it off - I'll throw in $150.00 to whomever wins if we do this.

And I'm not going to participate - I'll be the interested observer. I'll take the job of posting the weekly update, etc. I'll participate in losing the weight, but won't be a part of the actual contest - to keep it fair and all that jazz.

So... We can do this in a number of ways.

First thought - Let's first see how many DZ.C guys want to do this. Then we'll go from there.

Start date: Feb. 1.

So... Guys? Anyone?

I'm game. Between all the extra sweets eaten during the holidays and sitting on my as snacking while my leg heals is putting on a few extra pounds. The Feb start date should allow me to actually exercise a bit without injuring the leg.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

either method is unfair.
people with exessive weight shed the initial pounds faster, those who are a little over weight will have more trouble shifting the extra pounds.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

either method is unfair.
people with exessive weight shed the initial pounds faster, those who are a little over weight will have more trouble shifting the extra pounds.

Let's let the ladies vote then. That way it's just a damn Most improved on the big sexy meter comment and you take your unfair and stuff it up a donkey's ass.

either method is unfair.

Let's let the ladies vote then. That way it's just a damn Most improved on the big sexy meter comment and you take your unfair and stuff it up a donkey's ass.

why worry about losing any weight at all then, just post ya gut now and let them vote
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm doing my part now-rum has no carbs, no sugar. [:/]

what sort of rum do you drink, Rum here is made with sugar cane:ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Not too bad an idea... I think for a "Gutt off" contest I am thinking Photo with tape measurethat way we can have two forms of validation. Perhaps two votes one for most improves phsique and another for mot inches lost. Then we can have a boogie... shouldn't this be in the mens forum?
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I am in too, and it's not just a dz.com competition for me, I will be in some shitty barracks come May 10th (ish) so the more fit I am before going there, the less kicking I will get from the drill instructor.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

I'll get in on it, too... might motivate to get eating better. I'm not interested in the money part of it, though, if I *were* to win.

I know the gym thing pretty much isn't going to happen, working 6 x 12....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

...I know the gym thing pretty much isn't going to happen, working 6 x 12....

Shouldn't that be in the "What excuse do you use to get out of going to the gym?" thread?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I'm doing my part now-rum has no carbs, no sugar. Wish me luck tomorrow, my hotel is next door to Krispy Kreme[:/]

Heroin, Crack & AIDS is the onlyist diet plan that would help YOU...Two inches TALLER and you'd be ROUND! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

...I know the gym thing pretty much isn't going to happen, working 6 x 12....

Shouldn't that be in the "What excuse do you use to get out of going to the gym?" thread?

Nah... that would be the "it takes 3 hours to do a workout because there's too many fucking idiots crowding the gym 24 hours a day" excuse...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706