skydivermom

Retainers.....

You know, the kind you are supposed to wear on your teeth for the rest of your life after orthodontic treatment. Just got one for my top teeth the other day, and realized I don't know many people who continue to wear their retainers many years following the removal of their braces.

Do you still wear yours? And if not, why not?
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

You know, the kind you are supposed to wear on your teeth for the rest of your life after orthodontic treatment. Just got one for my top teeth the other day, and realized I don't know many people who continue to wear their retainers many years following the removal of their braces.

Do you still wear yours? And if not, why not?

Nope. IIRC (this was about 25 years ago), my orthodontist told me to wear it for about year or so after the braces were off and that was it. Went for a check-up with him one day and he said that's all I needed and threw it away.

'Shell
'Shell

I had the permanent one on my bottom teeth, after 3 rounds of braces and 2 jaw surgeries. It broke off after a year or so and now I have seperate upper and lower retainers. I wear them occasionally, at night. Maybe once a week at best. I went through too much to have my teeth go moving on me! Don't go to an ortho at all anymore though...

Good luck! :)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091