gonzalesna

Giving a few buddies tandem skydives

I'm taking a few people to Perris on the 4th for some tandem jumps. Got any good pranks I could pull to say welcome to the skies??? One guy's jumped before, but the rest are all virgins. One's doing it to celebrate her birthday.

Any Ideas???
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

how about for close friends?

buying a drink or 2 is a given... we're celebrating a birthday!!!:)
THEN IT'S TIME FOR THE SPANKIN'S!!!:)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I was thinking of just having a few local jumpers grab me and throw me out the door (preplanned of course), but I like how you think:D

Seriously, although funks put it a bit ummmm over the top he is right. They are students, will be scared , do not understand the gear enough to trust or respect it, its not a game. Ive heard instructors joke around a bit with the students but its different because to me they have been in the sport to see what is acceptable and how to judge ones tollerence for joking on the ground and on the way up. Personally if I brought friends once I turn them over to the instructors I manifest for their load, pretend nothings unusual while waiting for the jump, when I am about to leave I shake their hand and say "have fun , see you on the ground"

If you pranked them out of going you'd feel horrible.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Depending on where u take them the crew will do that, camera guy , instructor etc. One big suggestion is convince them to get the video. Its their first tandem and many pass up that video to save money. Let them know its worth it and they will thank you for it. Ive gotten many to upgrade to getting video, the dz will appreciate it and so will your friends

Afterwards joke, have a blast, watch them enjoy the high they will be on. Remember your first jump, thats what they will get.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

i'm takin' em to jim wallace... I went through him... great guy. As far as the video goes, I've already told them to do it and they said they'd comply. I did the same thing when I did my first tandem. I however, didn't plan on continuing to skydive initially.

get the tandem master in on it... as they are in the door, getting ready to jump out, have the TM say "uhh ohh" and right as he says that, jump out. ..

orrrr

in the door, TM does a 'check' and says, "oh well, 1 hook SHOULD hold you just fine" then jump.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

I'm taking a few people to Perris on the 4th for some tandem jumps. Got any good pranks I could pull to say welcome to the skies??? One guy's jumped before, but the rest are all virgins. One's doing it to celebrate her birthday.

Any Ideas???

Tandem reach-arounds. :o
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Similar to grade school gag of attaching "kick me" sign to back/shirt... You get a flourescent coloured Tag/Label and print on it from PC,
Warning !
Defective Rig
DO NOT UTILIZE !
TO BE RETURNED TO MANUFACTURER
AFTER REMOVAL OF BLOOD STAINS!
Then sneak it on the rig when in the air, and suddenly "Find it" in shock as you are about to "De-Plane"!:D:D
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

:D:D:D:D:D

I don't know if Jim will go for that one, but it's worth a shot...

I could always talk one of the guys into wearing a gay pride shirt when they jump with the guy friends.

:D:D:D:D:D

I don't know if Jim will go for that one, but it's worth a shot...

I could always talk one of the guys into wearing a gay pride shirt when they jump with the guy friends.

---------
Touchez' Good One, that would be fucking hysterical!

Gotcha... a few mild jokes, perhaps?

ok, try this one.

Whats the difference between a golfer and a skydiver?

A golfer goes...Whaaack!......"Damn!!!!"

A skydiver goes "Damn!!!!".........Whaaaack!

:P

get the tandem master in on it... as they are in the door, getting ready to jump out, have the TM say "uhh ohh" and right as he says that, jump out. ..

orrrr

in the door, TM does a 'check' and says, "oh well, 1 hook SHOULD hold you just fine" then jump.

:| perfect example of a reply made, without first reading the previous replies...

sure sure a little fun seems ok,,,since we are all past that "first jump jitters" stage.....
But People going out the door, on their # ONE skydive do not need an "uh Oh". or a comment about the gear......:o:S:DB|;) just prior to exit......
or else, EVER, for that matter. Do we all agree on that???

Yes gonzelesna,,,,,something memorable and/or playful should be done.....maybe a bottle of champagne at least.... Theres something about a champagne cork or two.. popping Off,,,,,
that just screams " CELEBRATE" !!!.....it could be a nice way toast everyones safe 'return to earth'.
For sure document the day with photos,,, but do it in a way,, that your friends don't even realize the pictures are happening.... Pics, when they arrive, pics signing waivers, getting trained, etc etc.... ( lots of tandem videos only catch the student from the time of gear Up ) ( or sometimes from the point of arrival at the plane if the video people are busy....). make arrangements with a person who could lurk the group and get the shots, or else do it yourself for them.. also take a few posed shots, maybe a group shot or two with the plane(s) in the background....
...Pack a picnic lunch,. for sure bring a b'day cake,,,,:)and yes, of course.... throw yourself outta the plane a time or two,,,B|
... but don't "stage" a thing where someone ELSE throws you out... cause that could freak out a newbie...
Rather, save THAT stunt for a time ,, when the plane is full of experienced people... Then get in a pretend shouting match with someone, preferably while the door is already open,, ( Hot day ),,
for SURE... brief it with the pilot. who can give you the "action" signal, at the right moment.... then the words,,, the tussle, and out the door you go...;)..
you gotta have a cohort on board,,, whose job it is,,,,to spot for you,, look out the door, be sure there's no traffic, and make sure you're upwind of the dz......hahaha then have at it.....:)
signed,,,
a snow bound and very bored
jmy

This months Psychology Today Issue, has an article, showing statistics and stories that this sort of thrill/risky, fear inducing Fight or Flight scenario can be / often is Actually "Healthier for Most personality types, Cognitively, emotionally etc.

Gotcha... a few mild jokes, perhaps?

ok, try this one.

Whats the difference between a golfer and a skydiver?

A golfer goes...Whaaack!......"Damn!!!!"

A skydiver goes "Damn!!!!".........Whaaaack!

:P

No no no no... you got it all wrong ijit!

It's:

a golfer goes Whack! OH SHIT

a skydiver goes OH SHIT Whack!

:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Get the rest of the guys in on singing Happy Birthday On the climb around 8000. It is also mandatory to sing as baddly as you can. Then do it a second time to the dirty word version. It will usually loosen them all up. I can supply them if you dont already know them. You dont always want your tandem freaked out.