matt3sa

Crossfire 1 Recall

Hello everyone. I have a Crossfire 1 139 on the way DOM 2001. I've identified it as a recalled canopy. I've read almost everything on the net about the recall.

Here's the question......

I asked the seller if the recall had been performed and if there was a tag indicating completion. His response was "it was relined 50 jumps ago and the reline takes care of the recall".

Is this true? Is it simply a line trim issue?

Thanks,
Matt

The original issue with Crossfire 1 canopies was not completely a line issue. There were also some out of tolerance cases in the sewing of the canopies. Most of the canopies were fine, some were marginal and were relined to increase safety and reliability and some were deemed to be unairworthy.

If you want the true story contact Mel at http://www.skyworksrigging.com/

His dropzone handle is masterrigger1 and he was very involved in the identification and solutions to these problems.

With questions involving your safety like this, it is fine to look for answers in the forums but always confirm them from a trustworthy source. After all, what do I know anyway? Mel is reputable and will steer you in the right direction.
"... this ain't a Nerf world."