JENNR8R

How To Keep Water From Freezing?

I’m caring for my neighbor’s kitties while they are gone for a week. The kitties have to stay outside because the neighbors are renting the house and the owners of the house are extremely allergic to animals.

The neighbors have been putting a bowl of water out. When getting the care instructions, I asked if the water froze. She said “no.”

Yesterday, the water froze. I put out hot water this morning, hoping that it would last longer. I’m only available to go twice a day. Is there anything I can put in the water to keep it from freezing?
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

The kitties have to stay outside because the neighbors are renting the house and the owners of the house are extremely allergic to animals.

I wouldnt worry so much about the water freezing. I would worry about the cats freezing. Fuck the people with the allergies, those cats are going to end up dead.

I made a doghouse for my sister's dog. To keep it warm during the cold nights in Michigan, I installed a clip on light with an incandescent light bulb in the top of the house. It generated just enough heat to break the chill. The dog loved his house.

You should be able to do the same thing with a cardboard box. Keep the water dish inside and it shouldn't freeze.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

you may have to use a bigger container as not to spill, but you could throw a small pump in the bottom, just to move the water. local big hardware store should have one, look in the tile cutter area for a replacement pump...i paid 7.99 for mine.

Put a disposable hand warmer under the bowl. It might work. They get pretty hot and last for 12 hrs or more. put a towel under the hand warmer.

you can find these in the fishing/sports isle for about 3 for $3.

Hey, that's a pretty good idea for a temporary fix!

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

The dipshits house sitting do know that the cats' dander permeates the house whether the cats are inside or not, don't they?!?!

They're not going to be free of the allergens. The only thing they're accomplishing is animal cruelty.

Shitheads.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

I hope they know that if those cats wander onto other property they might be trapped and taken to the humane society, or worse.

I have been to court over ferrel cats fed by neighbors, so I know all about this.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

-put salt in the water
-put vodka in the water
-if the water is agitated/stirred it will make it harder to freeze

:DThen they'd have drunk cats with high blood pressure.:D

Drunk, wet pussy? :o
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I hope they know that if those cats wander onto other property they might be trapped and taken to the humane society, or worse.

I have been to court over ferrel cats fed by neighbors, so I know all about this.

Court ?? Over cats ? WTF ?? :S
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!