bbarnhouse

The Dropzone.com Eloy 2006 Christmas Boogie.

My only concern are the giant bolts sticking out of the ground in the bottom right hand of the photo.

Yeah, don't land on those. They are part of a secret government program and not only will landing near them cause ninjas to appear there is a 100% guarantee you will get a serious "Burking":D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

My only concern are the giant bolts sticking out of the ground in the bottom right hand of the photo.

Yeah, don't land on those. They are part of a secret government program and not only will landing near them cause ninjas to appear there is a 100% guarantee you will get a serious "Burking":D

That was my first guess, secret government installation. As for the "Burking", I just shudder to think...;)
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

That is some very helpful information. Thank You. My only concern are the giant bolts sticking out of the ground in the bottom right hand of the photo.;)

Yeah, and I'm not surprised the red-faced guy in the other photo is looking so upset. No way is he getting back from that spot.

Hi all,

I managed to get a spot in the bunkhouse for every day I'll be in Eloy except for the 28th and 29th. Does anybody have a spare bed in a team room? I will be there with vdschoor et al from the 26th-1st, so if you need me to take a whole slot for a bed, I can do that and cancel the bunkhouse.

Failing that, what's my best plan B? Hotel room and look for a ride there those two nights?

thanks
Ficus

Adrock
Amazon
Amir
bbarnhouse
chaoskitty
CieloDiosa
downwind
efs4ever
Evelyn
ffejdraga
gasson
guppie01
Icon134
incode
johnsw71
josheezammit
judyj
jumper03
Kid Icarus
LouDiamond- Wingsuit LO/Seminar speaker
matt1215
mcbeth
MITCHYB
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Pendragon - wingsuit and freefly,
Popeyefireman
QuickDraw
Racer42
Remster- RW LO
rocket
rhanold
SeaKev
SOULSHINE
Vallerina
Vanillaskygirl
vdschoor
Viking

Yup.... I'll be there at Camp Utah again. If you don't know where we are, we're the loud ones with the fire pit motorhome & bus... find us and say hi!

What? I'm very quiet and well-behaved once I'm asleep.

*cough* bullshit *cough*

I guess I'm glad that I know absolutely nothing and plan to not know anything either about Ficus and sleeping.

Btw, Ficus, you're already a jump whore and I hate you. Maybe I'll see you Saturday.

Amazon
Amir
bbarnhouse
chaoskitty
CieloDiosa
downwind
efs4ever
Evelyn
ffejdraga
gasson
guppie01
Icon134
incode
johnsw71
josheezammit
judyj
jumper03
Kid Icarus
matt1215
mcbeth
MITCHYB
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Popeyefireman
QuickDraw
Racer42
Remster- RW LO
rocket
rhanold
SeaKev
SOULSHINE
Vallerina
Vanillaskygirl
vdschoor
Viking

oops, thought I took myself off this list already, but see I'm still on here....unfortunately won't make it to eloy this year. Seeing the fam instead of jumping with my limited time back in the U.S. :)

What? I'm very quiet and well-behaved once I'm asleep.

*cough* bullshit *cough*

I guess I'm glad that I know absolutely nothing and plan to not know anything either about Ficus and sleeping.

Btw, Ficus, you're already a jump whore and I hate you. Maybe I'll see you Saturday.

Don't hate man.. congratulate!

Ficus.. lets go for mexican food while we're there.. I know a great mexican place close to the DZ.. I'm sure they have good hot sauce there.. >:(

Amazon
Amir
bbarnhouse
chaoskitty
CieloDiosa
downwind
efs4ever
Evelyn
ffejdraga
gasson
guppie01
Icon134
incode
jloirsdaan (me and the wife :)johnsw71
josheezammit
judyj
jumper03
Kid Icarus
matt1215
mcbeth
MITCHYB
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Popeyefireman
QuickDraw
Racer42
Remster- RW LO
rocket
rhanold
SeaKev
SOULSHINE
Vallerina
Vanillaskygirl
vdschoor
Viking

I've wanted to go to the Christmas Boogie for oh...about 3 years now. And work kept getting in the way. Not this year!! :)

Jordan

Go Fast, Dock Soft.

Ficus.. lets go for mexican food while we're there.. I know a great mexican place close to the DZ.. I'm sure they have good hot sauce there.. >:(

Oh, you know it's not really hate. Btw, did he ever give a next morning report? Don't go to Eva's (not so) Fine Mexican food....it's not so fine (I think the Margarita was passable though). Gure also passed out there, giving us a scare.

Don't hate the jumper, hate the plane.

Sounds good. I love hot sauce!

Sorry I missed you guys this weekend, I was out of town.

Ficus

How cold is it typically in Arizona during Christmas season? Is staying in a tent an option?

Tenting is an option but it gets pretty cold at night. If you plan to tent, also plan for temps at 30 degrees and below. We've had rain in the past during this time as well.
Last year saw temps in the mid to upper 80s during the day. I have now idea what the weather for this year will be, but we did reach upper 70s yesterday after having had a bit of a cold spell.
If folks are still in need of lodging there are a few options other than tenting.
Bunkhouse is $8.00 per night. To check availability email [email protected] This goes for team rooms as well but cost varies on the size of the room.
Skyriderinn may have a few rooms left. [email protected]

I hate to be a kill joy but a reminder to those planning to bring their dog/s. Skydive Arizona does not allow dogs on the drop zone and this includes the tenting area.
We had 2 incidents last year with dogs, so please make other plans for your pet.:)