Tezz

Brake Line problem

It looks like the excess line that was finger trapped after your brake toggles were put on. If it is there's no reason that you can't finish re-finger trapping it or if there's a ton of excess you should be able to cut it off. But have your rigger take a look at it and make the final decision before you go wacking something off. The picture is a bit fuzzy to me and it just looks part of the finger trapping that has come undone.
Blue SkiesBlack DeathFacebook
www.PLabsInc.com
www.SkydiveDeLand.com
www.FlyteSkool.ws

Thanks for that, i wont go taking my scissors to it just yet don't worry! The other brake line is going the same way, starting to get a bump on it, so i guess they didn't trap it tight enough?! will have to see what the rigger says. thanks

No such thing that I have ever heard of as a figure trap not being tight enough. On occasion the excess will come out of the line at the end. as it looks in the photo. I agree take it to your rigger and let him/her lok at it.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

Ok so new Aerodyne Pilot only 15 jumps on it and this has happened to both my brake lines below the brake loop. Do any riggers out there know why they've done this any idead how it can be fixed, and not happen again??

Common problem with spectra. It just needs re-fingertrapped. And the person above was correct...no such thing as a fingertrap that is not tight enough. Fingertraps become loose when no pressure is applied to the line...they become tight when tension is applied. Theoretically, every finger trap on the canopy would hold without any sewing if tension was constantly applied to it..but tension is not always applied...so they must be sewn or bartacked.

Don't worry. Take it to a rigger and they can re finger trap it in seconds.

Cheers,
Travis

If you are going to have a rigger finger trap it - insist they show you how to do it, and do it yourself with their help.

Fingertraping lines is a good skill to have. From making your own closing loops to fixing your lines on your main - knowing how to fingertrap is a great skill to have.

Hi Terry,

it would seem that whom ever assembled your rig has done a great job by finger trapping your brake lines which definitely makes it neater and look nicer. However it would seem that the tail end of the finger trapped line has escaped through the braid and is sticking out.

A good rigger with a finger trap tool should be able to have you sorted out in minutes..... this usually happens when the line at the end is cut off squarely and not at a sliced angle. The sliced angle not only makes the line stronger where it ends inside of the other line (a squarely cut line makes the outside line weaker by a small amount) but it prevents it from slipping out between the braid of the outside line.

Hope this makes sense...... wishing you all the best with your new Pilot

Kind regards