LisaH

Rat dilemma....

She said she wouldn't swallow - I MADE HER!

you didn't say anything during this?

Didn't need to. Just grabbed the back of her head.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You Fiend!!!
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

You Fiend!!!

:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Cervical dislocation (sounds better than "break its neck")

With the rat on a solid surface, hold the rat by the tail, place metal bar against the base of the skull & press down. Pull the tail fast & hard.

How long would it take for it to die in an airtight baggy? Would it suffer?
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

With the rat on a solid surface, hold the rat by the tail, place metal bar against the base of the skull & press down. Pull the tail fast & hard.

I like you.:)
quicker if you just drop it down the disposal.

Just knock it out . . . take tail in right hand - swing the rat like a fly swatter and voila . . .unconcious rat . . . down the disposal.

it'd go faster if you use one of those vaccuum things to vaccuum seal your food:|
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Or just put it in the dumpster. No need to kill it.

Excellent idea. Then it will have food.

Then it goes to landfill. Gets eaten by hawk. Hawk makes waste that fertilizes garden. Circle of life.

If you just kill it, you have rendered its existence meaningless and probably altered the fate of the world somehow. Bad Karma.

Rat for Life - Fly till I die
When them stupid ass bitches ask why

Or just put it in the dumpster. No need to kill it.

Excellent idea. Then it will have food.

Then it goes to landfill. Gets eaten by hawk. Hawk makes waste that fertilizes garden. Circle of life.

If you just kill it, you have rendered its existence meaningless and probably altered the fate of the world somehow. Bad Karma.

That is pretty ambitious.

If you simply kill it - and shove it in the disposal - it gets put into the sewer system and then parasites eat it, creating more parasites that will eat solid waste, decreasing the amount of waste material on the planet.

If you just kill it, you have rendered its existence meaningless and probably altered the fate of the world somehow.

For instance:

You kill it, and throw it in the garbage. On a high from the smell of blood you step outside in search of more prey. You happen to pass a man on the street and your beaming smile is infectious. He decides that perhaps today is not the day to kill himself after all. He goes into work in his lab that day and discovers the cure for cancer. He does a little celebration dance, knocks over a beaker, which breaks and slits the wrist of his lab assistant whom he is secretly in love with. He is so distraught the he kills himself anyway and the cure for cancer just sits there useless until the janitor throws it away a few months later.

Why not just advertise it on Craigslist - free to a good home as a pet? I would say that after two days in a snake pit the poor guy deserves a pardon.:| As for the people saying just kill it for killings sake...
karmas a bitch.:(

He was sleeping!

WTF - like it's that hard.

if he was scared he would be all shaking and backed up in a corner or climbing the f'n walls - the fucker was sleeping.

um, yes, it would suffocate! cervical dislocation is considered to be the most humane way to do it. The neck breaks & there's instant death, & although there will be some twitching, it's just reflexes. once the neck is broken the rat cannot experience any pain or fear, or anything else.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

only problem is if it's a big rat, it can be hard to do.

I'm lucky, i have a corn snake so she only eats little rats.

If you really can't bear it, I guess you could just put the rat in some sort of cage & drive FAR away from any homes or farms & release the rat. Unless you wanna keep it as a pet until spring when your snake starts eating again.

How big is your snake & is it full grown? How big is the rat, and is IT full grown? you might consider that the rat might grow too big to be eaten by the snake.
Speed Racer

I'm more of the persuasion that the rat shouldn't have to die. He was offered as a sacrifice, it wasn't taken; what's wrong with a pardon? [:/] (Although, having said as much, I'll bet the coyotes around my place wouldn't be so picky!)

I like the "give him away as a pet" approach.
TPM Sister #102

Why not just advertise it on Craigslist - free to a good home as a pet? I would say that after two days in a snake pit the poor guy deserves a pardon.:| As for the people saying just kill it for killings sake...

Please. it's a frikkin rat. People buy traps & poisons at the hardware store just to get rid of them.

rats aren't exactly an endangered species.
Speed Racer

Please. it's a frikkin rat. People buy traps & poisons at the hardware store just to get rid of them.

rats aren't exactly an endangered species.

Maybe he is the Jesus Christ of rats though. Maybe that is why the snake won't eat him.

After careful consideration of all these wonderful suggestions...I have made my decision.

I am putting it back in the box it came in, taking it back to the pet store, setting it on the counter and leave. They'll have no choice on taking it back. :)Problem solved.

Yea, I'm a wimp. I can't kill anything :(
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I am putting it back in the box it came in, taking it back to the pet store, setting it on the counter and leave. They'll have no choice on taking it back. :)

I did that with a sewing machine once. It solved my problem. They told me that it would fit my sewing machine cabinet when I bought it. It didn't, and I couldn't find a cabinet that it would fit in. They said I couldn't return it. I boxed it up, took a friend with me as a witness, and dropped it off with a letter of explanation. I wrote my credit card company, and the charge was reversed.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Now I'm having dreams about this stupid rat. I watched the rat and snake touch noses... almost like they were kissing... then the snake started to open his mouth and the rat's nose disappeared... [:/]

I couldn't watch... I had to wake up... :|
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Now I'm having dreams about this stupid rat. I watched the rat and snake touch noses... almost like they were kissing... then the snake started to open his mouth and the rat's nose disappeared... [:/]

I couldn't watch... I had to wake up... :|

Awwww sweetie, the rat isn't in there anymore. No more dreams :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo