LisaH

Rat dilemma....

No - but there are some that would . . .
They call them

Gravity Rats . . .

look up IMGR2

Could you send me that link :D

Sure . . .

Try Here
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

If that rat is female, and came from a communal pet store rat habitat, you may end up with more than one rat ... and in short order, they'll turn into more rats than you'll ever want to keep. I found that out through experience back when I used to keep snakes.
RP was a reticulate python who was 11 feet long when I got her and 14 feet long when I sold her. She was unable to keep up with the rats' breeding prowess.
Zing Lurks

If that rat is female, and came from a communal pet store rat habitat, you may end up with more than one rat ... and in short order, they'll turn into more rats than you'll ever want to keep. I found that out through experience back when I used to keep snakes.
RP was a reticulate python who was 11 feet long when I got her and 14 feet long when I sold her. She was unable to keep up with the rats' breeding prowess.

OMG...baby rats [:/] I have no problem with that except I'm up to arms with critters as it is.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention :P
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Shit...I now have a pet rat. I took her out and she licked my face [:/] We bonded :)

Uh oh! :o I hope no one at the DZ licks your face. They might find themselves in a snake tank! Your menagerie could become quite large if that's all it takes. :D:D:D
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Nope. It's the middle of winter.

I have a corn snake, and even though the cage is heated, she will refuse rats starting in January & not eat again until May or so.

I usually just kill the rat before putting it in the cage: safer for the snake.

If the snake doesn't eat the rat, I throw it away.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Saturday morning I put a rat in the snake tank for the normal monthly feed. She doesn't want it. I have now been feeding this cohabitating rat cheerios and potato chips for 3 days.

The pet store won't take it back. I have too many critters to look after as it is. I dont' need a pet rat.

Any suggestions? [:/]

Just make sure you don't keep the rat in with the snake full time......the rat may eat the snake....seen that happen - happened to my son's boa.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

If the snake doesn't eat the rat within the first day, Give the snake a few weeks & try again (with a fresh rat, obviously). If it still won't eat, it means the snake is in its winter phase & probably won't eat again until May or so.

even in a heated cage they somehow know it's winter.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I've tried that before. She will only eat live food.

What color is the rat - maybe the snake is prejudiced.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

nonsense... the rat deserved it....:|
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

:o I doubt it.

Whatever - snakes are the spawn of the devil and Lucifer incarnate - why not be prejudiced too?:ph34r: