unlucky1

Alaska Skydiver dies in Iraq

my deepest condolences to all of the friends and families that are hurting so badly... and my condolences to the military for losing a remarkable soldier... your death is not in vain.. i thank you for making the ultimate sacrifice for my freedom and the hope for others... you will not go unnoticed... blue skies - fly freely
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Jeff, our first and last jumps together were the same, and the last jump I did with you was the last time that I saw you... You, Matt, and myself exited the plane and just linked up and because we didnt really know what else to do we just spun around so much that I couldnt even see straight, I will never forget the good times we shared in the sky and I will always cherish the signature that I have in my logbook from a true American hero. Unfortunately the last jump we did was immediately before shipping out for the army.. I wish I could have seen you when you came home but our schedules just never seemed to match.... I am going to do everything I can to come back to california for your services and when I do make it Matt, Norman, and myself will do a jump in your honor. I always missed having you around after you left, and now I miss jumping with you even more.

You are an American Soldier, an American Hero, but most of all a great guy and a friend who will be terribly missed. We all miss you. Blue Skies friend, fly free forever.

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

Nate and all,

I only live about a mile from where the service will be, so I plan on attending. If you cannot make it, if you wish I will pass on your condolences as well as anyone else who cannot make it. I am forever in awe and debt to those young heroes who give everything to a cause their country is fighting. I never met Jeff, but I cannot say I never knew him. We shared the sky together.

Any of you can email me anything you would like me to give to his young widow, if you like, and I will take it with me. [email protected] is the email.

Bob Marks
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

I saw this post and my skin crawled. I have a a young friend stationed in Alaska who is currently in Iraq and I have not heard from him recently.

I am so truly sorry for the family of this young soldier and hope that they are getting all they support and help they so richly deserve.

Let us hope that all the rest come home safe and sound (at least we can hope).

Scott

I got a great suggestion via PM to print out the condolences and deliver them this Saturday. I am doing that now and please let me know if there are any objections.
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

I just did what I said I would do, and heard back from Jeff's widow. I printed out the posts and will deliver them . She has not seen them, but may need help and assistance. If that is the case, I intend to offer her help. I will let you know.

Please understand she has not asked for anything, but I know how things pile up. I am just asking those of you who can to please be ready to help.
Bob Marks

All,

I attended the services today, and I passed on the postings from this thread. What a true American hero. Jeff was both a student and mentor, part of what i see as a very healthy balance in life. Eagle scouts, combat infantry men, and family spoke of a life that made me proud.

A Major General attended, and handled it very well. He said the issue is not the controversy over the war and whether we should be there or not. It was remembering a young, brave soldier who fulfilled his sworn duty to uphold the Constitution of the United States and obey orders from superiors especially in wartime. He did just that.

Jeff was recognized as an avid skydiver, and that this was a passion for him.

This was my first full honors military ceremony. I was moved very deeply. The VFW was there too, in an incredibly impressive turnout.

I came away with a much deeper understanding and appreciation of the sacrifices our veterans make, and have made over the years.

More later, as to helping his widow.....
Bob Marks

• Like 1

Please extend to his widow and both of their families my sincere sympathy.
I did not know this man who voluntarily took an oath..."to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic"...
But because he did so, he has my respect forever.

Blue Skies, HOOAH~!~
Attitude is everything!