Shell666

Oh shit ... how do I explain this to a 12 year old

My nieces and nephew are staying with me tonight and my 12 year old niece went to change for bed. She came back wearing fleece pants and a tshirt that said

Mile High Airlines ... Ask us why we have the best service in the sky

I asked her where she got it. A local jean store for $3. She said "why, what does it mean?"

Shit ... I didn't have an answer.

All I could say was please don't wear that out in public. She said okay but "when you can manage it, please tell me why".

I hate how fast kids have to grow up now.

[:/][:/]
'Shell

How about the truth, but in a nice Aunt way.;) When she finds out what it means she (at 12) will probably not wear it at all less outdoors.

Yeah, that would be the proper thing to do. I'll talk to her mom first. Explain it to her and go from there.

Damn, I don't recall all this from when I was that age.

[:/]

:)
'Shell

Yeah.............my son turns 12 this year. Especially with the NEGATIVE influences of my ex-wife's bunch of idiots she calls a family, I figure it's time I had a serious talk about sex with him. :S I've been putting it off but I talk about girls with him all the time. He asked me a little while ago "How do I get a girlfriend?" I have been trying to give him some general advice..........like the SHOTGUN effect when he is at the skating rink. He always sounds so down and hurt when a girl won't skate with him. I have explained that at his age rejection is just part of the game. If you ask enough girls one of them will say yes. Then when all those girls that told you no see you with someone..........they will all want you. :D I'm still dreading "The Talk" though. My first thought is to throw a Hustler and a pack of condoms on the table. Any questions? :D I really have to figure this out. :S

I knew where babies came from before i was 12. I was even capable of making them. Heck these days a kid can learn everything from a tv in about 2 days.

Oh and i knew what the mile high club was at age 12.
I knew everything back then. What happened?

Tell her. It's ok. She already knows and was probably trying to embarrass you.:D

Serious part:
It's an old joke but my son, at 13, actually said it.
Me: "Well, it's time we had the mandatory sex talk."
Him: "Yeah, Dad. What do you want to know."

Joke part:
I said, "How do I get a girlfriend?"

Oh, and 'Shell...like Chessy said, she already knows it. Who's she trying to kid? Oh wait....YOU!
:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Still not as bad as a shirt I saw in the mall the other day. I was laughing so hard I was in tears. Though the store was directed at teenagers, I shouldnt have been laughing. But me and my friend lost it in the store laughing. She wanted to buy one but the only size they had was small or XL. Which neither worked.

Shirt said "I am tight like spandex":o

:ph34r:
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

My nieces and nephew are staying with me tonight and my 12 year old niece went to change for bed. She came back wearing fleece pants and a tshirt that said

I asked her where she got it. A local jean store for $3. She said "why, what does it mean?"

I would ask her:
What do you think it means?
If you don't know what it means, why would you wear the shirt?
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

Yeah.............my son turns 12 this year. Especially with the NEGATIVE influences of my ex-wife's bunch of idiots she calls a family, I figure it's time I had a serious talk about sex with him. :S I've been putting it off but I talk about girls with him all the time. He asked me a little while ago "How do I get a girlfriend?" I have been trying to give him some general advice..........like the SHOTGUN effect when he is at the skating rink. He always sounds so down and hurt when a girl won't skate with him. I have explained that at his age rejection is just part of the game. If you ask enough girls one of them will say yes. Then when all those girls that told you no see you with someone..........they will all want you. :D I'm still dreading "The Talk" though. My first thought is to throw a Hustler and a pack of condoms on the table. Any questions? :D I really have to figure this out. :S

I had to have the "talk" with my son a couple of years ago (he was stealing my Victoria's Secret mags & hiding them between his mattress & bedframe :D ). He is now only 10. I have already explained to him the majority of the basics of sex. He knows roughly how it works. I dread the day that he asks the more "detailed" questions - actually I hope his dad will quit being a wus and handle this little task. He just turns red & leaves the room..... :S.

The talk with my 15 yr old daughter was far tougher. She asks "Mom, what does _______ mean?" All I see is my pretty little 5 yr old .......... God they grow up sooo fast! But hey, communication is good! As long as I answer them honestly and in due time, they are prepared for whatever may come.
Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

offer to buy it from her, it is a awesome shirt, youd gladly give her 20 bucks for it cause you just need it... then you dont have to explain it:)

I'm afraid that this won't be one of those "out of sight, out of mind" situations. She's still gonna want to know what it means. Sometimes being candid is the best thing.

I have a real funny story....but that'd hijack the thread.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

offer to buy it from her, it is a awesome shirt, youd gladly give her 20 bucks for it cause you just need it... then you dont have to explain it:)

I'm afraid that this won't be one of those "out of sight, out of mind" situations. She's still gonna want to know what it means. Sometimes being candid is the best thing.

Yes, and when she finally does find out just imagine the questions you would get as to why you just had to have that shirt:D:D
Fly like a girl

so thats how you do it.

Not a bad plan. It is a cool shirt (for ME, not her!). Trouble is she's a skinny little thing and doubt it would get past my head!

:D
'Shell

Still not as bad as a shirt I saw in the mall the other day. I was laughing so hard I was in tears. Though the store was directed at teenagers, I shouldnt have been laughing. But me and my friend lost it in the store laughing. She wanted to buy one but the only size they had was small or XL. Which neither worked.

Shirt said "I am tight like spandex":o

:D:D:D:D

Okay, I'm feeling MUCH better about the mile high shirt now!
'Shell

All I could say was please don't wear that out in public. She said okay but "when you can manage it, please tell me why".

I hate how fast kids have to grow up now.

[:/][:/]

Shell, she probably already knows what sex is -they have classes about it in school now.
Didn't you know that?

OHHHH -

Yeah -

Forgot about the "generation" thing . . . my bad.

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun