Hille80

Show your Mirage G4 MT !!!

Hi Mirage Jumpers,
my girlfriend is planning to get a new rig. She likes my G4 (M4) and wants to get a G4 too.
So I've seen some smaller G4 containers wich are looking a bit "bulky" (short and thickish).
Do you have some pictures of smaller, fully loaded G4's, especially container-size MT?
Thank you all!
BlueS
Alex

Some of the containers you could be seeing may be the "s" series. All the mirage containers can be an "s" series when produced. It simply stands for short and keeps the same pack volumes, but makes it shorter and wider than the regular version.

For example...a very common small Mirage is the MXS...as opposed to the regular MX. They both hold the same canopies, but the MXS is shorter and wider in order to accomodate shorter or short torsoed people.

Cheers,
Travis

Travis,

I couldn’t have said it better myself. But, all Mirage S rigs are the same width as the letter in front of them. For example, a M2S is the same width as an M2, only much SHORTER.

That translates into thicker.

It’s a big trade off.

In gear design, when you go longer you can go thinner. When you go SHORTER, well need I say more?

Hope this helps.

Jeff