mxr73

Clip not secured

Please forgive me ignorance but I am a very, very new jumper with minimal jumps. However, I came across a picture of a tandem jump and noticed something odd. Now I may be way off base here so please don't jump on me if I'm mistaken. It appears the top "clip", is that what it's called? In this picture is not fully secure. What I noticed is the spring loaded piece does not appear to be engaged. Can someone tell me if I am correct or not. This isn't meant as a criticism, but as a learning experience.

accumack

It is latched. The gate is parallel to the snap. If it was not snapped the wings of the gate would be even/flush with the top of the snap

Indeed, it is fully closed properly. The flange that you see is only used as a handle. When the gate is open that flange will be parallel with the outer part of the snap.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

accumack

It is latched. The gate is parallel to the snap. If it was not snapped the wings of the gate would be even/flush with the top of the snap

Agreed, I think it is secure. Though to the OP... in the shadow it is hard to tell directly.

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...