Chris-Ottawa

Show us your canopy in flight!!!

Beautiful! How's she treating you Doug? B|

Awsome canopy!! I have jumped many diff canopies. Spent a year on a FX 108 and I gotta tell ya, this is the best opening flying canopy I have ever owned. I decided that for the 10% greater surf that you get from a crossbraced canopy, it just wasn't worth the extra hastle (high pack vol, poor openings and high front riser press). I do video and my neck says thankyou on every jump.

Doug

Beautiful! How's she treating you Doug? B|

Awsome canopy!! I have jumped many diff canopies. Spent a year on a FX 108 and I gotta tell ya, this is the best opening flying canopy I have ever owned. I decided that for the 10% greater surf that you get from a crossbraced canopy, it just wasn't worth the extra hastle (high pack vol, poor openings and high front riser press). I do video and my neck says thankyou on every jump.

Doug

I have close to 2000 camera jumps and over 1000 jumps on Xbraced canopies and the only time my neck has hurt was from my Sabre 170.

AHHH.. I love that picture of your pilot. It looks so crazy! I'm also a big fan of orange, especially Aerodyne's bright orange which I dubbed "hunter orange". My next canopy is wither white with orange ribs, or orange with white ribs. Orange canopies are visible for miles!

The orange I want is like your Katana.
"When once you have tasted flight..."

The orange I want is like your Katana.

Be careful... PD does not like the word Orange - instead it is Tangerine!!!!

I once used the word Orange in an e-mail to them and I had to promise never to say that again to keep on good terms...

After jumping a lot of Tangerine PD canopies (Stiletto and Katana) - I can say that the "orange" in the picture in the post is not true to real life (it looks too red on my monitor)... The color leans more towards the yellow spectrum like Norman's in this photo: http://www.performancedesigns.com/pdzone/images/photos/Ohio%20Challenge/target17.html

Good to know.

I'm basing my frame of reference on the Aerodyne canopies I've seen this summer. Aerodyne's yellow and "tangerine" colours look sexy. not sure if PD's are the same colour, but I'm thinking, solid Tangerine canopy, with either yellow or black ribs. Maybe a yellow cell or 2.

It's gonna be a very hard decision
"When once you have tasted flight..."

After jumping a lot of Tangerine PD canopies (Stiletto and Katana) - I can say that the "orange" in the picture in the post is not true to real life (it looks too red on my monitor)... The color leans more towards the yellow spectrum like Norman's in this photo: http://www.performancedesigns.com/pdzone/images/photos/Ohio%20Challenge/target17.html

True; the video was shot during a sunset jump, so it looks a lot more reddish.
But still, PD's tangerine is a darker orange than Aerodynes.