Chris-Ottawa

Show us your canopy in flight!!!

1. My T-10 OD green factory colors of course.35ft

Damn, that's a man-canopy. It scares the shit out of me...

It's a velo 96, my buddy BillO took the pics...

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

It scares the shit out of me...

I don't why? I guess you've never tried one, this one is set for free fall and only has three deployments ever on it, it's not a worn out ex millitary rag and will set you down quite soft, I've stood it up. You should try it, you might like it. ;)
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Elisha, do like I did, take up your own camera and take your own picture.

Ive gotta turn into the fun police here.

You should not be taking photographs with a hand held camera under canopy.

Whilst you are shooting away you are unaware of your surroundings.

A recipe for trouble.

Lets not steel this thread from where it is going, as it is fun to see different canopy colors...

But I have to say, on more than 10 jumps, I have taken photos under canopy... It can be done safe.

It should not be done on a typical jump with 20 people in the landing pattern, but instead on a high pull where you are the only one in the sky, or your friends are aware of your plan.

Then, you simply make a plan... "Photo 1, Photo 2 - circle of awareness... Photo 3, photo 4 - circle of awareness."

I wish I could publish it publicly, but since I was hired, I don't own the rights to it - but the most awesome "photo" I have is a 360 degree view of a DZ from 11,000 that was stitched together from 70 still photos taken over a period of 30 seconds. A professional television special effects artist made it from my raw photos. It looks like an orange peal laid flat after being removed from an orange. At 490 megapixals, the file was large enough that by altering the zoom and distortion, a virtual camera could move anywhere around the virtual skydivers and it would appear the skydivers were moving 120 MPH.

I made 4 jumps to practice the technique. I realized that it is pretty easy to stay aware if you do a burst of photos then inspect your surroundings.

Oh I definately agree. I should have made mention that I jumped from a Cessna and the camera doesn't come out until I have checked everything. Notice brakes are still stowed too. While I'm taking pictures, I'm flying using my harness so I'm not landing out and paying attention around me. And the biggest factor, I was the last one out of the only Cessna up that day, and I was at 10k, everyone else was a bit lower...ie 2k.

The only concern I realy had was other air traffic. But as soon ast the camera was away at 10k, I released the brakes and burned it down to 7500 when I took the camera out again and took a few more pics. Then I spiraled down the rest of the way, got myself a bit woozy and entered the pattern.

I was being very aware and wasn't just taking picture after picture, I only took 7 pics on that flight, 5 when I did it again in NY.

Thanks for pointing that out though, if you're going to do it, put some thought into it.

And PS...tie a string to your camera...that could do some major damage at terminal. I used a key chain with an extendable cord.

Laters!

EDIT: Hukt un Foniks werkd fer mee...
"When once you have tasted flight..."

Does anyone else agree that a white canopy, with bright or different coloured ribs/crossbraces looks damn sexy? Hills80, you have one of these "elusive" canopies. I think I'm gonna make a canopy similar to that when I'm ready to change canopies, but not the same colours. I would probably look at a Cobalt, with neon green ribs and diamonds, with white cells.

Anyone with a white canopy, do you find it gets dirty? how would you clean a canopy?

Thanks to everyone for posting. I did this for 2 reasons, I love looking at canopies, and I know everyone loves showing off their gear.

Chris
"When once you have tasted flight..."

My 210 Silhouette. Custom colors Next one will be Sil 190 currently being custom done by PD with my logo in the middle.
But its not white...;)
My new reserve is white with a red cross in the middle of the bottom skin.

Here's my recently-sold Hornet 190 (now flying a Pilot 168). This pic was taken by TJ Langren (sp?) as he dove on his front risers right on front of me after a freefly coach jump...it was *really* cool (and a little scary) to watch him dive so close. See the swoop pond in the background too?

:o:DB|

There's something about the smell of jet fuel, nylon, and adrenaline that gives me a huge boner.

The green one is me and my Pilot 210

The...mm..retro 80's colored one, is my new canopy(not me under, previous owner).

:)
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

currently being custom done by PD with my logo in the middle.

My new reserve is white with a red cross in the middle of the bottom skin.

your logo ? can you show ?

Funny idea the redcross reserve :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM