Scoop

6 Nations - England Vs Italy

ENGLAND vs ITALY
Saturday 10th February - 13:30 pm (GMT)
Twickenham

Should be a walk in the park eh. Smash them filthy italians on our home soil B|

Our lot still gotta be pumped up from the smashing they delivered to Scotland. Can Johnny do it again for us? Course he can :P

England will go into Saturday's RBS 6 Nations clash against Italy as Twickenham as overwhelming favourites to continue their revival under new head coach Brian Ashton.

The odds are stacked against Italy, who have conceded a total of 159 points on their three previous Twickenham visits since the tournament's launch in 2000.

And they will encounter an England side that went a long way towards restoring confidence levels through their 42-20 Calcutta Cup thumping of Scotland.

England's dismal 2006 form - they won just three of 11 Tests under Ashton's predecessor Andy Robinson - saw them plunge down the world rankings.

Ashton though, is breathing fresh air through a new-look England side whose Calcutta Cup success was underpinned by fly-half Jonny Wilkinson's remarkable return to international rugby that saw him amass 27 points despite playing most of the game with 14 stitches in a cut lip.

Ashton has made two changes from the Scotland clash, recalling full-back Iain Balshaw, provided he shakes off a groin injury, and handing 28-year-old Harlequins flanker Nick Easter a Test debut instead of injured Wasps forward Joe Worsley.

Italy, meanwhile, have go it all to do after suffering a crushing 39-3 home defeat against France last weekend.

The Italians, whose main Six Nations aim this season was a fierce determination to turn promising performances into successful results, subsided under five French tries, which included a double for Sale Sharks number eight Sebastien Chabal.

And the challenge for Marco Bortolami's team will be to compete with England up-front, while hoping Wilkinson cannot establish a territorial foothold to launch a back division that appears full of tries.

Six Nations history though, suggests England will make it two wins out of two, setting up a showdown with Ireland in Dublin on February 24.

Hey...I know one of the girls on the USA Rugby team. Danielle Miller. Prop. I see her every week.

Damn I would KILL to have a body as hard as hers. She is one tough woman. But she's just the sweetest thing, and pretty, too! I like Danielle. She's so cool without trying. :ph34r:

She's married and her husband was an Army Ranger with my husband, so you freakin' Brits keep your drool in your head if you know what's good for ya! :D

Edit to add: I think this is the only pic I see of her on the site...http://www.usarugby.org/natteams/wnt/albums/WC06/target17.html Center in braids. :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I'm sorry, no offence to your friend but the words...

attractive, tough, female and rugby cannot ever combine in the same sentance... ever :|

Its like having an attractive female body builder or shot putting champion. It just doesnt happen

I'm sorry, no offence to your friend but the words...

attractive, tough, female and rugby cannot ever combine in the same sentance... ever :|

Its like having an attractive female body builder or shot putting champion. It just doesnt happen

Uh-huh...if I had a clear pic of her I'd prove that you're wrong! :D

When I met her it wouldn't have surprised me if she was introduced as a pro cheeleader instead of a pro rugby player...she is athletic and cute. :)
You can't see her face in that pic unfortunately...she has her head down and she looks pissed off! :D:D
~Jaye

Smash them filthy italians

This 'filthy italian' doesn't much give a rats ass about rugby. Football (real football, not American) is where it's at, and we own yer sorry asses in that department. **** B| Hope we meet in Euro 2008.

Enjoy the game and good luck to your team.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Haha. Yeah, on the football pitch at least your precious players can still try to look pretty. On the rugby field they can't keep up their devilishly good looks when they are getting lumps taken out of them :D

Euro 2008 - Couldn't give a rats arse. Its a fags sport ;)

lmao - maybe the pic of her in the heat of the moment isn't the best way to convince me :P

That's true...but I STRONGLY doubt I can get her to pose for a pic when I see her next Saturday if I tell her it's so I can post it on an international skydiver's website to prove that rugby girls aren't ugly. :D:D:D

I think she'd most likely say, "Er, how about 'no', Jaye?" :|

:D
~Jaye

Smash them filthy italians

This 'filthy italian' doesn't much give a rats ass about rugby. Football (real football, not American) is where it's at, and we own yer sorry asses in that department. **** B| Hope we meet in Euro 2008.

Enjoy the game and good luck to your team.

The only reason we suck at 'football' is because there is no money in it. If it were popular and the players were payed accordingly then you would be calling it soccer my italian friend. ;)
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Depends how well she knows skydivers! :D

I haven't come 'out of the closet' about my skydiving with many of the people I conduct business with, her included so...:)

-As far as I know, I'm the only sport skydiver she knows...and if I am the sole representative of skydiving to ANY individual, heaven help the image of the sport. :S:D
~Jaye

Actually your right. I found some video of the Italian team training :ph34r:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z3ZJJl_Iwg

Unfortunately not able to view YouTube video where I'm at, but if it's the one I think it is, I posted it over the summer in another thread. Funny that it's a commercial for a British newspaper...oh the jealousy... :ph34r:

Anyhow your boys do it too, just search youtube for Gerrard and dive and you'll see what I mean. :P

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Dude, clearly you don't know rugby. Have you not heard of a ruck or a maul?

You know your playing a mans game when your getting sqaushed by 17 stones worth of mans arse in your face. :D You do have to release the ball in a tackle but the game plays over the top of it (or should) so play doesn't just stop every 5 seconds like ooo I dont know... faggot american football for example :D