markovwgti

Supplex or Polycotten Freefly suit??

Im a beginner at this, ust have a few jumps, i will definetly be doing more freeflying then belly when i learn it...i called up freak'n suits and im lost between getting supplex or polycotten, the only diff is the fall rate i heard, but how much slower or faster will i fall with either, im about 5'10' and weigh 185

does anyone have any pictures of freak'n suits also
?

Did you call them and ask what they recommend?

Tony suits offers suplex, 4ply, and polycotton.

Polycotton was the heaviest fabric so it is the slowest, but on their fabric discription page they mention that it is less durable.

Suplex was the fastest of the the three. And 4ply was some sort of suplex that was more durable than polycotton, and heavier than suplex. :ph34r:
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

How do I know?

Ask the suit maker what they think, or at least asking in the freefly forum.

Even better, why don't you just wait until you have your license and figure out what you want to do. It doesn't seem like the best idea to spend 300 bucks on a suit without even having a license, or any jumps in a specific discipline.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Leave the technical details of "how to make a jumpsuit" up to the jumpsuit makers.

Seriously.

Talk to the jumpsuit company, tell them your height, weight, and prefered jumping style - and let them come up with the appropriate jumpsuit.

The biggest mistake that I see new jumpers do when buying jumpsuits - is telling the jumpsuit makers how to do their job.

You pick the colors, they pick the fabrics.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Talk to the jumpsuit company, tell them your height, weight, and prefered jumping style - and let them come up with the appropriate jumpsuit.

without more experience, that's his best bet (If he wants to place and order RIGHT NOW)

IMO - the jumper's flying style and comfort spot is much less predictable in FF than RW. Even in RW, body position is more important. FF amplifies that greatly. He might just have to buy a few suits to figure it out $$$ ;).

I'd recommend he:
1 - learns to fly stable in any good suit.
2 - then borrow a few suits of equivalent fit but different materials and fly with a decently skilled local to figure it out that way before laying down some money.

I have pretty good comfort and range in supplex and poly, frankly. My favorite suit is actually neither, it's a light denim (more comfortable, it breathes better). My biggest fallrate problems are when flying in freefly pants instead of a full suit, rather than adjusting to different materials between full suits.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants