aardvarkeater

Colors to avoid?

The Wings freebag is neon yellow, a deliberate decision made by Henri.

The Aerodyne "c" canopy pattern is neon yellow & orange. Sounds horrendous but it looks fantastic in the air. Really "pops" in pictures and everyone and their mother can see you coming.

Buy what you like if it's new. If you EVER think you'll sell it make BLACK the dominant color. What the hell were we thinking in the 90s with all that crap?! Well, that's what we'll be saying a few years from now with all the stuff coming out now. Container-Black, Main-whatever you want, it'll wear out 1st anyway, Reserve-who cares. Jumpsuit-it'll really only fit you anyway. I've looked at a lot of rigs lately, and most are plain ugly. Who can't get use to basic black though???

The Aerodyne "c" canopy pattern is neon yellow & orange. Sounds horrendous but it looks fantastic in the air. Really "pops" in pictures and everyone and their mother can see you coming.

haha
this is my triathlon...
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

I think you were one of the people I had in mind. I think Ego may have a similar colored RW suit too (gray and yellow).

It's actually grey and orange:P

For some reason though, I remember both suits! Maybe G & Y is someone elses.

That's exactly what I'm talking about! Look at that canopy against the sky...it's vibrant. I think it's a great pattern to use for tandem canopies as well since so many photographs are taken of deployment, flight & landing. Also makes cutaways so much easier to find.

Now as far as containers go, however, I'd avoid neon as fading appears much more pronounced . Just my observation from opening reserve flaps, etc.

As a Member of S.A.P.P.S (Skydivers Against Pink and Purple Shit), I must advise against Pink and Purple canopies unless you have the Mullet to pull it off.;)

Other wise your color choice sound good.

The Assosiacion of PINK Skydivers (A.P.S.) would strongly protest. Pink is cool, pink looks good, pink is visible.

:D

Getting a reserve in a mismatching color is an extra incentive not to have them out at the same time. Pink and orange crashes horribly, and two-out is pretty ugly anyway. ;)

Get the colors you like if you're buying new. Your money, your gear, your taste.

But if you skydive in a forested area, green or black is a really, really bad idea. It won't be found if you cutaway, and people will have problems seeing you from above.

Bright colors actually look good in the sky. Why get something boring and black when you can have any color you want?
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Green. Always.
Red. Unless you're sh*t hot.
Brown. Wrong decade (and, indeed, millenium).
More than 3 colours.
More than one bright colour.
Too much orange (you might get confused for a Nethers student and grounded for spiralling under 2k! :P).

---------------------------------------
Ex-University of Bristol Skydiving Club
www.skydivebristoluni.com

Bright, multiple, unnatural colors, for 2 reasons, in order of importance:
1. So other jumpers will see you under canopy, to help avoid a canopy collision. So for me, this is a life saving issue.
2. To help find it when you cut away.

I also agree with JohnR that white should be the universal color for reserves. It sends out the signal: "watch out for me; I may be in trouble and unable to help myself after I land."