caspar

most expensive beer in the world

i was wondering where the most expensive beer in the world is. anyone got any ideas? post the most expensive beer youve bought and where!

i wonder if its in a very expensive hotel/club or on some remote island in the middle of nowhere.

ive paid around £5/6 beer before ($10-12)
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."

I had some Keystone here in FAY that cost me my license for a year, $2500 in lawyer bills, a marriage, and almost my military career.

:S

I have not done the math, but that shit will kick your ass :P

Stay safe,

Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

I had my pants pulled down in Reykjavik airport once at £8 a beer, and it wasn't even a full pint - I felt violated...

What about the cheapest?

7p for a litre of Bia Hoi in Viet Nam. Getting trousered on less than a pound is very achievable over there.
Save a tree: eat a beaver.

£8! ouch. i bet there are places that must be even more expensive. was it a bottle or half pint? because that would mean you were paying £16 a pint. i know i would have a mild stroke if they had poured the beer and then told me that price.

7p a litre? i doubt you will find beer any cheaper than that unless maybe buying moonshine off some farmer in the middle of somewhere like nam.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."

Anything in Norway. The beers in most bars and restaurants run around $10 US, the grocery store sells the cheap ones for about $5. You can get them much cheaper if you buy them at the Stavanger airport duty free shop.

The 8 or 9 DUI beers and other drinks cost me around $5,000, not including the increase in insurance rates.

12 bucks for one bottle. It was at Frankfurt Germany.
It was the most awesome dark yet smooth beer I have ever had.
It was in a porcelain bottle, can’t remember the name.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Over $100 a bottle
"Samuel Adams Utopias™ offers a flavor not just unlike any other beer but unlike any other beverage in the world. Its warm, sweet flavor is richly highlighted with hints of vanilla, oak and caramel. Our 2003 batch topped out at a record breaking 25.6% ABV, beating the records that Samuel Adams® Triple Bock® and Samuel Adams® Millennium had set before it. And like those groundbreaking brews, Samuel Adams Utopias™ is not carbonated and should be served at room temperature. In one of many examples where Samuel Adams Utopias™ pushed the boundaries of beer, it received the highest recommendation (96-100 points) from the prestigious Wine Enthusiast Magazine (November, 2003 edition).
Due to legal restrictions, Samuel Adams Utopias™ can not be sold in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Missouri, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Washington, and West Virginia."

I had some Keystone here in FAY that cost me my license for a year, $2500 in lawyer bills, a marriage, and almost my military career.

I'm sorry to laugh, but seeing as we share a very similar story, I did...

I would say that $2,500 was cheap, my lawyer was a bit more, but I didn't lose the marriage, just a nagging girlfriend...

Babich Sauvignon Blanc wasn't so cheap that day...

Best,
Dru

-
-
"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."