2fat2fly

Today show segment repercussions

Stop sugar coating things you fucking sissy.

am I the only one that doesn't see his earlier comment?

funks deleted it. I think he saw the error of his ways - it was all flowers and sunshine... everyone should be concerned about their stress levels and blood pressure and not so much with the media's portrayal of a skydiving accident. It was sickening. He really should take the kids' gloves off and give you fuckers some tough love.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

My dad just sent me this e-mail...

"Today Show had a guy who survived a jump with neither parachute opening..."

LOL, I told him, no I hadn't heard of that particular incident, but SOMETHING must have been opened. Funny how things get sensationalized...

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

The general public tends to think of parachutes in digital terms. It's either open or it's not. It takes a bit of education for them to realize that not all malfunctions are total mals. So a partially opened main with an entangled reserve gets turned into "neither parachute opening." :S

Stop sugar coating things you fucking sissy.

am I the only one that doesn't see his earlier comment?

funks deleted it. I think he saw the error of his ways - it was all flowers and sunshine... everyone should be concerned about their stress levels and blood pressure and not so much with the media's portrayal of a skydiving accident. It was sickening. He really should take the kids' gloves off and give you fuckers some tough love.

deleted it my ass...the sadistic regime that controls our minds via this website deleted it.

I had a coworker say: hey, news story here about a guy that fell from skydiving and lived....I didn't look away from my screen and said "does it say his chute(s) failed from a couple miles up at hundred miles per hour made a loud crash and somehow lived but will jump again?" He thought I had already read the article lol.

I had a coworker say: hey, news story here about a guy that fell from skydiving and lived....I didn't look away from my screen and said "does it say his chute(s) failed from a couple miles up at hundred miles per hour made a loud crash and somehow lived but will jump again?" He thought I had already read the article lol.

If we all think about it, maybe this type of misconception is a good thing. When someone's been nagging us about how dangerous skydiving is, and they use something like this as an example, it's our chance to say, "SEE? Skydiving's not that dangerous. This guy was able to land with NO parachute at all!"

PS Yes, I know, skydiving is dangerous, and we shouldn't pretend it's not. I'm being facetious. My second big word of the day.:P

I've heard about it a few times at work today, and now that I have seen the video (thanks to the other thread,) I can at least talk about it a bit.
Just waiting to hear about it from the family, etc....
So glad the guy lived to tell the tale, but why go to the international media with it??? >:(
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"