DJL

Been to Iceland?

I'm heading there in May for a Bachelor party and plan on tackin on two days to the front so I can go hiking/camping. Does anyone have a recommendation as to where to go or not go?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I've been there, years ago. It will be cold and snowy this time of year as I recall. Can't remember the name, but I"m sure you can google quite a few of the "huts" you can sack out in and enjoy the nearby hotsprings!

Hiking? Iceland is kinda flat and has no trees...:P

Is a chicken omelette redundant?

My brother was there a couple of years ago, and also about 35 years ago as a stopover on the way from Europe to US. On the recent trip, they hired a guide/jeep for a couple of days and toured around. He really liked it there. His son (about 22 at the time) and some other friend went along.

I'll be there in late May, besides, snow and cold weather isn't a hindrance to me. I'm actually doing a lot of camping in the current East Coast snowy weather.

I was thinking along the lines of some coastal areas or nifty geological features.

I lived there for 2 years from '94-'96. There is some cool stuff to see like the Blue Lagoon, Gulfoss waterfalls, and you can do some glacier 4-wheeling too. Reykjavik is a pretty cool city to visit too. Summer is light about 22 hours of the day. Don't expect to see a lot of trees. Some nights you can really get an awesome view of the northern lights too. It is usually pretty windy there too, but the temps aren't all that bad. There are lots of pretty girls there too...all blond hair and blue eyed.
Have fun!

I'm heading there in May for a Bachelor party and plan on tackin on two days to the front so I can go hiking/camping. Does anyone have a recommendation as to where to go or not go?

All I can say is that it is a volcanologists wildest wet dream.....
Scars remind us that the past is real

Yeah, I'm starting to think that I'll just stay for the Bachelor Party events but the tall blondes have perked my interest. I assume they like nothing better than getting hit on by American tourists.