P.F.

Attention all Hellfish !!!!! And Skyidvers alike!!!

It is with a sad heart that I bring the news to the skydiving world that we have lost one of our own. Jim (Ripcord) Poulson Hellfish #4, D-427 passed away yesterday morning. Anybody that has ever hung out at the Hellfish tent during Rantoul or ever jumped the bridge at bridge day is sure to have met Ripcord and his son Marty. Some of the best skydiving stories ever told were when Ripcord and Bob Sinclair would sit around and talk about the old days of skydiving. We will miss Ripcord, he was a great friend and a Great Hellfish.
Please remember Marty and Jims family in your prayers.

Services for Ripcord will be held at :
2/9/07 @ 4:00Pm
Church of Christ
505 W.Highway
Alta, IA 51002
http://home.comcast.net/~thefishwrapper

Man, this has been a tough year already. We've now lost two great Bridge Day jumpers (Johnny Gates and now Jim).

I'll never forget how nervous it made us to see Jim pulling a ripcord on a BASE jump. But he had done it for MANY years and quite a few BASE jumpers only knew him as "Ripcord Man". He is a legend at Bridge Day. Fortunately, I had the pleasure of spending some valuable time with him after Bridge Day 2006. He gave me some OLD photos of him wearing a custom wingsuit many, many years ago. I'll see if I can scan them in, as I'm sure many of you will enjoy them (if that's OK?)

I could always count on Jim's phone call shortly after July 1st each year in order to register for Bridge Day. I am definately going to miss him. Hang in there Marty. Your dad was one of the best.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Oh hell. :( That's terrible. :( Ripcord was a legend and I will never forget him. :(

Sadly I will not make the service. If anyone has contact information for Pullout, aka Marty, please send it to me. I would very much like to get in touch with him. Also, if anyone has current contact info for Bubba I would like to get in touch with him too.

Hugs to my fellow Hellfish! That's rough. :(

Eternal blue skies Ripcord. We will miss you.

Hey where have you been? Joe is already in Alta for the Memorial Service tomorrow. I'm heading out in an hour to be there around 1:00 PM tomorrow. The Service is at 4:00 PM. Joe (Bubba) Phillips can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx Marty Paulson can be reached @ xxx-xxx-xxxx. For those who didn't know, Jim was one of the original eight who made up the Flynig Hellfish. He is Hellfish #4. The photo that Jason Bell mentioned of Jim in his wingsuit is on the main page of "theflyinghellfish.com". Our group has lost some of it's heart with Jim's passing.
Marty MacDonald - Hellfish #2

Posted edited to remove phone numbers. Please PM this poster if you need phone numbers.

Hey hey Marty Mac! What's up man?

[:/] Bummer of a loss. I will be sure to give Bubba and Pullout a call. Thanks for the info. (you may want to edit the numbers out of your post so they don't get any random calls - just a thought)

Please give everyone my love tomorrow. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Wish I could be there too.

Sad news indeed. Whenever I think of Ripcord I will always have this
picture in mind. I s'pose we'll have to have commemorative
thunderstorms at the WFFC every year now...
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...