NSEMN8R

Aerodyne's ASI program

Is anyone here participating in this? Anything good or bad to say about it?

It says here
http://www.flyaerodyne.com/sport/flash/ASIProgram.pdf

that the sponsored instructor "will receive a full compliment of Aerodyne equipment at 35% of the manufacturer's suggested retail price."

Is that right or did they mean off the retail price?

I was just going to buy a new container & reserve this year, but if this is true and I can get in on that deal, it would make sense to buy a new main too.

I am / or did take take part in it. When I did it it was 50% off retail (the options of container colors wasn't very good at the time) I believe now its 35% off of retail --- not sure if the Mamba is included in it now.

Pros -- got a great deal a container/main/reserve

Cons -- my DZO wouldn't send in any of the paper work because he thought he was getting screwed somehow -- so I got no credit for any of the gear I helped sell ---- I would have had a free reserve easy!

The DZ I work at now is anti - anything but PD so it really doesn't matter anymore

Do it if you need a new rig -- you really have nothing to lose

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Agreed. to sell anything yo have to work closely with the gear sales person at your DZ and spend plenty of time on it. I got a few sales but I'm sure I actaully got credit. Since I haved (I told Aerodne about me moving) there was supposed to be this email news letter that goes out and I get no coorespondence. I love the price of my gear and I love using it.

Not sure if it is retail or MSRP the percentage was different when I bought and special because I bought in pieces and as a coach.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

I applied for it a year ago and submitted all the paperwork to Aerodyne. I had two AR dealers willing to sponsor me and a letter from my DZ.

I Did a follow up phone call to AR to make sure they had everything and I was told everything was in order and they would get back to me.

I made a second call a month later and I was told the person in charge of the ASI program no longer worked there but that they would forward the info to the new guy.

I made a third call a month later and was told they were working on it.

A month after that I gave up and bought a PD canopy instead. I never heard another word from AR.

Too bad really, with the discount I was going to buy a complete rig. Icon + main + reserve. Nobody at my DZ jumps Icons and I likely could have sent them some referals.

I did it when it first came out several years ago and was 50% off. It was a great deal on new equipment. The whole referal process was hard to keep up with and making sure that you got credit for the sales, but I have always like Aerodynes products and would refer them anyway

How do ya like it Johnny?

I participate in the ASI Program and it works well for me. Like a few others here, it was 50% when I started and I got 2 complete rigs. Icon, Pilot and Smart reserve. Since then, I have used credits and the 35% discount to upgrade to Mambas.

I am extremely happy with the gear and the deal I got on this gear. I've put about 900 jumps on this gear now and it looks and performs like new.

I'd say make the call, get with your DZO and local gear dealer and start showing the folks around your DZ the great products from Aerodyne. B|
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures