JumpNFly

friends of Bill W.

Now how the hell did you calculate the hours and minutes? Are you privy to some hightech endodrunk calculator? I haven't the slightest idea what time it was the next day in detox (Yes, I walked into the treatment center drunk on a Monday morning). But, I guess that puts me around 5556 days.

My simple premise for the bleak times is, its temporary. So damn simple, its worked for 15 years...

Don't take yourself too seriously, nobody else does.

Coffee in large quantities makes you say the damnedest things and you poop funny later on.

Don't forget, Lord luvs a workin' man, don't trust Whitey, and go to a doctor and get rid of it.

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

Congratulations! It ins't always easy but it is worth it in so many ways.

(Since November 3, 1980 for me.)

Blue skies,
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I've got 5 1/2yrs.... I wish I'd found Bill W. 25yrs ago.... Life is so much easier when you live life on life terms and not yours....

Can someone post a link to the sobriety calculator for me .....

killer....

The wife has 6yrs.... Marriage is so much better with a friend of bill.... ;)

This is about the same kinf of logic some from some former friends who have done the heroin thing was using.

addict: "I just do it to lose weight."

Yeah, all the voices in your head tell you you're hot, right? :D:D:D

This is about the same kinf of logic some from some former friends who have done the heroin thing was using.

addict: "I just do it to lose weight."

Yeah, all the voices in your head tell you you're hot, right? :D:D:D

Heroin to lose weight? Nope that's what speed, crack and cocaine are for!;)
You did take my post with a grain of salt right?:) Whatever you have to do! Do it well.

Clean and sober almost 7 or 8 years now.

I am just trying to remember whether I took my last drink at a New Year's Eve Party at the end of 1995 or 1996.
Life definitely gets easier without the hang-overs.
... though I am still learning how to live life on life's terms.

Heroin to lose weight? Nope that's what speed, crack and cocaine are for!;)
You did take my post with a grain of salt right?:) Whatever you have to do! Do it well.

I never used heroin, but a friend of mine did. He's 38 but looks in his mid-twenties. I asked him once how come he looked so young and he grinned and said:

"I took a ten-year nap!"

Sorry I didn't see the post right away. FOB skydiver 36 here. 18 years Clean & Sober.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I drank my lifetime quota before age 40.

I was done at 28. Glad I got that over with :)
Nov 3, 1980.....24 years and counting.

Congrats to everybody!!!!!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Great job...:)I love it when I see people get it early in life....;)

I know that the wife and I got sober just in time to help the kids see the bad and the good of being sober vs drunk... They are clean and sober and don't smoke.... Good in school.... Not in trouble... :)

I think we broke the chain with them, As both of our families are still in the game of drugs/booze and trouble with the law....

Killer...

If your experience is going to be anything like mine was/is, things will get worse before they get better. My first year was pretty much a fog, my second through fifth, I was an exposed nerve. After year six things started to get better in a hurry.

My suggestion is to spend as much time with others in the program as possible. Even if they can't relate to jumping (and most can't / don't / won't), they can help in dealing with the noise. Who knows, you might be able to recruit a few of them to become jumpers as well.;)
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I think we broke the chain with them, As both of our families are still in the game of drugs/booze and trouble with the law....

Killer...

I hope that you are right. I really believe that alcoholism is a genetic trait or predisposition. My father and brother and myself ... all alcoholics. Just a while ago, while doing some genealogy type stuff I discovered that my great grandmother died of cirrhosis of the liver. I also learned that my grandparents used to drink and leave their kids on their own while they were in town drinking (they lived on a farm back in horse and buggy days).

Nobody on my mother's side has or had a drinking problem. My oldest son is 28 and seems to be ok. My other sons are 5 and 7 so it's still too early to tell. I just hope that all 3 take after my Mom.
--
Murray