orribolollie

SKYDIVE SWANSEA

Theres nice
and then theres £15 pound to 15 grand
bet your gonna pop over quick sharp now!

Admittedly it wouldnt have been on my list (it being a long way to watch rain fall), but we got a plane ride from South Cerney.

Its located right on the Gower (summer surfing) coast so great views....was peachy and clear down there Sunday morning and I think it will be a cracking spot in the summer.

When did this DZ start up ?

Is it run by the same group that moved from Wales to the Army Barracks just across the Severn Bridge ?

What training programs (if any) do they offer ?
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

Ownership; I think the whole gig (belongs) to the guy who owns the planes. Carl Williams is involved as CCI etc.
(Belonging in the sense that the dropzone is part of an existing active airfield, complete with decent cafe and usual facilities).
The TurboLET owners name escapes me sorry even though we flew back with him (big mad guy with glasses owns planes and used to skydive)! Basically he owns both the Let's, one of which youll have seen flying at South Cerney.
Curently he only has one pilot and one in training, so Cerney and Swansea are sharing a plane until the other has his hours. So in short, your looking at another month I think, of potential flights to Swansea from Cerney.
Currently, the plane is active at Cerney Saturday morning, then it leaves about 1pm for Swansea. Swansea jumpers get to jump Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning....I got 5 jumps at Swansea during that time.
Sensibly, the plane is staying in one place if the other has shit weather. So potentially you could end up having to get a train back from Swansea, or catching a lift.
On the plus side, it means you could get a sweet 40 minute flight to clear skies for the whole weekend like we did!

Re. How long will it last? Well we put the same question to the LET owner. He seems up for using a plane as a taxi from Cerney even after the other plane gets underway. Not a great deal for Cerney, but as they are both his planes theyd not have much choice! As far as he is concerned; you guys fill the plane, I will pick you up and drop you after the weekend.
So, potentially it will continue all season. I certainly hope so, it was way cool to have our own private turbine to the DZ!:)

What training programs (if any) do they offer ?

Certainly AFF is on offer. Im sure as it gets busy youll see coaching for experienced jumpers.

The DZ is featured in next months BPA Skydive Mag, so youll get more details then.

Just to clarify, I dont work for them or nowt; just letting others know theres currently a good deal to be had there.