stitch

Odd British slang

What context are these said in?
Edit: The deffinition given of blazer is the only one i know. It is a jacket, but usually is a kind of uniform, either at school, or in rowing people often have rowing blazers.
I've once heard someone say a girl is flossy, basically means she is fine, but also bangable all in one, other then that i've never heard of it. You wouldn't normally say it infront of that person.

A blazer is a jacket - as in a high school blazer.

When I heard it, it was being used to describe a person. Hence, the reference to slang and not the literal definition.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

You dont know what a blazer is??? Jesus man!

Its a southern thing, people up north are too monkeyfied for such things as Blazers, they're too happy to wrestle naked in the street for some fish and chips.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

You dont know what a blazer is??? Jesus man!

Its a southern thing, people up north are too monkeyfied for such things as Blazers, they're too happy to wrestle naked in the street for some fish and chips.

We will see you at Dublin you southern fairy Oh, and bring your bitch scoop:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I have no idea, but I'm bored and sick so I will share with you that "fairy floss" is cotton candy according to the aussies I know. Not that it has anything to do with your question, but we're under yellow waiting for the shootout in the 500.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~Adam Savage

When you speak of northeners, are referring to northern England or Scotland. Because, I was referring to what I thought was British slang, not Scottish. I can hardly understand a Scot when they are speaking, slang or not. :P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

OK, while I was in England for about 6 months, I was stunned by the various degrees of "madness" - apparently, one could be as mad as a:
1. Bishop
2. Box of frogs
3. Bicycle
4. etc.
I tried, over many pints, to get an agreement over the relative scale (is being as mad as a box of frogs worse than being as mad as a bicycle?), but to no avail. Clearly the Brits are all as mad as a bunch of hatters (which is apparently a really bad thing to call someone).

Also, don't tell a chiquita she has a nice "fanny"!

"Better a has-been than a never-was. Better a never-was than a never-tried-to-be..."

Mad as a hatter... is not so much slang as an old reality... The Hat making industry used to use a lot of toxic stuff, whic affected the workforce.

I just cann't understand how the colonials could get an arse and a fanny confused... wierd folk over there, clearly.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

WTF is a "flossy"?? Or a "Blazer" for that matter?? :S

a blazer is a show-off BASE Jumper. Many of them jump during the day, and their activity is called Day-Blazing, but this topic should have been posted in the BASE forum :|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

North of the Thames is up north. Where civilisation ends and people fight to survive on the poverty line :ph34r:....

Hmmmmm. Are you referring to Westminster and the City of London??? With the recent round of bonuses in the City I don't see many of them on the poverty line.
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....