NWFlyer

Studio 60 ... so what did you think of the Pilot?

You've gotta be really careful with that one. It may seem like the DVR reduces your TV face time, but it's like that first hit of crack that's free. Soon you'll find yourself recording things that are on while you're at work, or at the DZ, and before you know it you'll have 10 hours of stuff you want to watch piled up.

And more often than not your life would be just as well off, if not better, if you just missed the show when it was on. But you have to watch it now, it's recorded. It's a compulsion.

:D

This is true. In fact, I'd never have seen Studio 60 had it not been for DVR. :P

But, I had two shows that I loved that came on after my bedtime. Both re-ran during the day and I found myself organizing my schedule around what time the rerun came on. Not to mention first I'd have to scroll through day after day until I'd find it and then write down the time into my schedule. It was sick and sad and twisted and I'm ashamed.:(

:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I just watched it this morning. I've never seen West Wing so I can't agree/disagree with your comparison.

But, I definitely thought last night's episode was the best so far.:)
I'll try not to give anything away for Krisanne.:P I don't think she'll be upset at my following comment:

Thank GOODNESS they finally put Amanda Peet in a suit! She's a big TV exec, she belongs in a suit. She's gorgeous second. First, she belongs in a suit.:)
And I both love & hate the "Long Lead Story" in the show. I don't care much for it b/c it's such an easy way to get to the bottom of each character and amp up the storyline, etc. It's like a cop-out from the writers, imo. It's been done before. High-school story writers do it b/c it's just so flipping easy to write using that third party who's also writing and so it's just so easy to ask the questions the reader wants answered.

On the other hand, I love her being on the show and think her character's great.:) But,....that's another subject altogether.:P

Well, damned if he hasn't sucked me in. I watched episodes 2 & 3 this week.

Something's still missing. I can't put my finger on it.

But, I did really enjoy last night's episode (10/23) that I watched this morning over breakfast. In fact, I loved it; mostly b/c it was a flashback to many-a-media history class I took in college. And I LOVED Amanda Peet in this one, fin-al-ly.:P

So that makes two in a row I enjoyed watching.:)
The writing/production in/of this episode was was far better than previous episodes, I thought.:)

Looks like it's done.

It was getting good for a while, but the last few episodes had me scratching my head again ...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tv/304423_tf221.html
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I agree with you that the show is missing "something". However, the casting I absolutely love!!! I did not think that I could, but I cannot even remember Chandler. To me, Perry does seem darker in this role and for some reason I could watch without making the comparison. I love Amanda Peet and all the others. I am very sad the show has been canned!!! :(:(
Character cannot be made except by a steady, long continued process. -- Phillips Brooks