Las Vegas question

I'm looking at a consulting job in Vegas. Decent hourly pay plus $175/day per diem first 3 months, $122/day after that. Is the per diem enough for one person to rent a decent place and live reasonably well?

thanks

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Is Vegas a total zoo? Other than passing through, I have only been there for the CES, and just took cabs/shuttles between hotels and show sites.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

i worked on the road for 5 years...getting basically the same per diem. if you are going to stay at a hotel, look for the extended stay, studio 6, or simular brand, you can get great monthly rates, and they have kitchenets so you can cook in house, alot cheaper and healthier than eating out.

when i was on the road, i never touched my salary for expenses, invested it all in rentals...do it now, and dont work later. :)

Anything that you dont spend, you are supposed to claim as income. My per diem was just deposited weekly into an account. Now, did I spend it all? Uh sure, why of coarse I did, yep, every penny, Mr. IRS man. ;)

But also. Each city has a daily allowed per diem amount determined by the IRS. So, if the IRS has the same amount set as you recieve, you do not have to claim it, even if you dont spend it. You are allowed to write it off. Now, my per diem never showed up on a W-2, so it was very convienant.

let's see. That's about 260 jumps a month for the first three months. Should work. See you here.

Looks like Mequite is about 100 miles from LV. Is that the place to go?

-NickDG

let's see. That's about 260 jumps a month for the first three months. Should work. See you here.

Looks like Mequite is about 100 miles from LV. Is that the place to go?

i hear its a good place, but also, perris and elsinore are 270 miles...a good weekend run.

there are Extended Stay America hotels in Vegas.

Good idea. The job might run for a year, but I don't want to get tied into an apartment lease.

Thanks

-NickDG

check the montly rate online, then call. sometimes the online rate is better. also, there are plenty of knockoff hotels with kitchens that offer monthly rates, but the clientel may very. i would roll into town with 3 or 4 hotel picked out, then pick the one that has an agree-able location and clientel.

good luck. :)

I'm looking at a consulting job in Vegas. Decent hourly pay plus $175/day per diem first 3 months, $122/day after that. Is the per diem enough for one person to rent a decent place and live reasonably well?

thanks

At that price (just for food and housing) you'll be ok.
with the decent hourly wage, you'll do well.

...And Mesquite is the only place to go in Vegas.
Don't you read the parachutist?:ph34r::P
My photos

My Videos

Mesguite is basically the only place in vegas/near vegas that is not a tandem factory. They have a caravan for the winter. Not sure but I think it leaves in april. Then there is just a cessna.

In vegas there are a bunch of pay by the month hotels and apartments some nice some not so nice. Your per diem should be enough to live nicely. If you stay away from the strip Vegas is a normal city with normal city lodging, restraunts and prices.

Mother Hen