grue

I just rode a bicycle around an F1 track *PIC*

Isn't Phillip Island the MotoGP track?

I think you're right. And the track in the picture doesn't look one bit like Surfers' Paradise (where the ChampCars used to come) either. It looks more like Albert Park, the street course in Melbourne where the new F1 season kicks off in march.

Given that it's normally just a public road and that according to his profile the OP lives in Melbourne, this is also the most likely.

Alphons
And five hundred entirely naked women dropped out of the sky on parachutes.
-- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

It looks more like Albert Park, the street course in Melbourne where the new F1 season kicks off in march.

Sooo close nowB|

Have McLaren finally built another championship winning car, fast and reliable? After their strong finish to last season and better knowledge of Bridgestone tyres will Ferrari sweep all before them (and will Kimi or Massa emerge as the new leader)? Will Renault, Honda or the other chasers be able to find any kind of performance?

Testing can only provide clues, Oz will give us some answers!;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Have McLaren finally built another championship winning car ? Well if they have they've got a British teenager driving it this year so it'll probably end up in a garage somewhere being chopped and shopped.
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

Have McLaren finally built another championship winning car ? Well if they have they've got a British teenager driving it this year so it'll probably end up in a garage somewhere being chopped and shopped.

Nice:D

He'll come in for a tyre change and be left up on bricks:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

We used to do that when we went to new circuits so we could learn the track. Those bastard circuits aren't as flat as they seem on TV >:( Try cycling around Brands Hatch! :S:D

There's a bit of an uphill after turn six that carries through for a while, but it's the god damned eternal headwind that's killing me.

Incidentally, Schumacher's record lap on the circuit is ten times faster than me, almost to the god damned second (84.x seconds vs 844 seconds) . I'm going to try and get it down to nine times faster on one of my "days off", so I'll just do one lap as fast as I possibly can, with no worrying about doing more than one lap, or even being able to pedal home afterwards :D
cavete terrae.

We used to ride the Ontario Motor Speedway every year for our annual bike-a-thon. Goal was 50 miles each with sponsorship from family and friends for every mile ridden (like 10 cents/mile = $5 each).

It was a safe place for 1,000+ kids to ride, plus a known length. You rode around and got your card punched every lap you took. For some of us it took all day long. Others were faster and rode 100 miles in the same time period. But what the heck, I had a 1 speed bicycle and the will not to quit.

Ah memories. And like many other things that track is no longer. Got sold and torn down in the 80's.

Still wonder where all that money we raised went to every year....:P

A little more fascinating history on the OMS track:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontario_Motor_Speedway

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon